Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

am i doing something wrong?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by boxhot, Aug 4, 2009.

1. i seem to only get high for about 3 hours when i smoke, but people on here r talking about like 5-10 hour highs, i get really quiet and just sit and look at stuff and appreciate stuff also, and other people on here talk about wanting to run a marathon while high. am i doing something wrong, i smoke joints bowls and the occasional blunt, i pull the smoke into my mouth and then breath in and hold for 3-5 sec. but i def feel it in my lungs. so its up to u blades to critique and help me please

2. You are smoking Cannabis Indica. It's used medically for pain relief, nausea, and other physical ailments. Cannabis Sativa gives more of an "up" high that make most feel really creative and energetic.

3. In my experiences my highs have only lasted about 2 to 3 hours, unless I ate a brownie then it is much longer. I don't think you're doing anything wrong, that's just how long it lasts if you smoke it.

4. Nope, thats about how long they last my man.

I'm the same way, i toke then just chill and am very quiet.

:D

5. oh ok, bc last time my friend thought i was tripping bc i was staring at the wall, but i was thinking how lucky i am that i live in a house

6. Yea weed lasts 2-3 hours when smoked, when eaten the high lasts mor like 3-5 hours for me.

7. i found this to be hilarious.

anyways most highs ive heard of only last 2-3 hours, but as already mentioned edibles last longer.

8. 5-10 hours? Where did you read that? You shouldn't feel high for more than 4 hours.

9. there was this person on here that said he smoked a bowl before he went to bed and when he woke up 8 hours later he was still high:confused:

10. where r u from in co

11. They have a "refreshed" feeling of high. Hard to explain they are not high its just a weed-over instead of a hangover. Anyways smoking highs only last 2-3 hours and edibles can keep you high for 8-10 hours or 4-5 if you have a tolerance.

12. oh well that makes sense when i smoke before bed i dont have a weed hangover, i dont get hungover from alcohol either though, so is it the same concept then?

13. You are NOT doing anything wrong. The average high lasts 2-3 hours. It can be longer if you have a very low tolerence, or you can get a 6+ hour high if you make edibles.

14. well i was also wondering because my friend said to just inhale and not pull it into ur mouth first but when ever i do that it comes out my nose

15. When i start pulling on a piece, im not pulling fast into my lungs. Im pulling the air towards the back of my mouth, and when i clear it i inhale it all. With a joint, blunt,small piece, they are very harsh to directly inhale so i pull with my cheeks(especially if im doing tricks) for a moment then open mouth and pull it into my lungs

16. With bongs(or glass in general), its all technique, some people pull very slowly into their lungs as not to waste their entire breathe before the hit is over.

17. this thing is dead.

18. lol you were zoning. To you, you might think you look like your normal self, but in reality you have a completely blank look, you don't blink as often, and your mouth droops up and down a bit.

Get used to it, enjoy it, and tell your friends to smoke more!

19. haha okay yea i just thought i was sitting there and all, thanks for the help

20. People who are new to smoking may feel a little bit high the next day but not happiness/munchies and shit. usually just dizzy and stuff.

i find it mainly comes from reggindicas