Am I doing something wrong...

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by xpackx, Jun 27, 2009.

1. I am using 4- 2700k 100watt cfl's and my plants are about 3 months old... and have been flowering (12/12) for 7-8 weeks, I have massive amounts of white hairs. Their about 4 feet tall... I have no light leaks, no yellowing of the leaves and no problems... other than I am wandering why hasnt there been a bigger growth of bud?:confused: These are some bag seeds... And also when will they get stinky?

Sorry if i am dumb.... lol my very first grow.... by the way i have 13 clones off my 2 mothers. And id like to do these better than the first two... id like to know how to keep them short and bushy

2. ill get some pics here in a couple hours when the lights come on

3. wes the lights en,and pics

4. #4 KaltHerz, Jun 28, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2009
    Tricks to increase yields include supercropping, Low Stress Training, topping, etc.
    Obviously it's a little late for all of those, but, when the light comes on post some pictures and we'll see.

A lot of it is going to have to do with the fact that you're using CFLs instead of, say, a 1,000w HPS. The more light, the better, for the most part. If we could mimic the sun indoors we wouldn't bother growing outside :)

Your genetics might be shabby too, what sort of bag did you get this bagseed from? If you've got shitty genetics (which is entirely possible from bagseed), I'd say it might be worth your while to get a good strain or two from a bank and try that. Don't toss your clones though! It might be the light. See how she smokes when she's through.

Your smell is heavily strain dependent as well, some strains can be smelled from outside your house, others might not ever really "reek".

LST is your best bet for short bushy buds. If you're not familiar with it, I'd check out

http://forum.grasscity.com/absolute-beginners/122936-how-lst-low-stress-training.html

It'll cause your entire plant to sprout cola buds, instead of just one main cola and little popcorn buds.

5. :wave:OK sorry about not getting the pics up sooner... here they are...

there are 2 plants, both have no yellowing... there are more white than red hairs.... im not sure what strain this is i just have been collecting seeds over the years and planted these 2

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

6. I doubt thats 400watts of cfl's.Give um some bloom ferts.....

7. yea u are doing something wrong because these are mine at 5 weeks. They are purple kush - an unbelievably LOW yielding strain. I am growing these for myself so i don't mind.

Re-read the stickies and keep on trucking. Welcome to the wonderful world. :D

Peace. :hello::hello::hello:

puff

Attached Files:

8. cfl watts, must be "true" watts...double check your wattage numbers

9. yea definitely that, you're growing a whole lot of plant with 100 actual watts that only reach the very tops of the plants. i'm fairly sure that the 100 watt equivalent is 26 actual watts. i would bump them up to the 42 actual watt cfl's for your next grow, and use your original 26 watters around the base and sides. hope this helps

10. Your plants are receiving inadequate lighting. ~100w of CFL (you don't have 400w in there) is not enough to flower multiple 4 foot plants.

11. well i figured i didnt know much about what lighting i needed... damn... so i should make up to atleast 400w of ACTUAL wattage.... i probably got about 116 watts goin.... so i guess ill put in at least 4 more cfls..... making around 232watts.... im not too sure what to get for the main lighting... i cant afford the sodium bulbs or atleast the ballast..... anyone know of a cfl or any other bulbs i can use?? in the cheaper ranges?? help is appreciated!! :confused:

-- GLAD TO KNOW SOMEONE KNOWS WHAT THEIR DOING --

12. Need more lights...... about 100 watts per plant actual cfl watts

13. Ok great ill rearrange my setup and post later... To let me know if its a correct / decent setup

14. #14 xpackx, Jul 1, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2009
    :eek::eek:Ok so i now have- 8cfls X 26w each, equaling --- 208 watts all together.... i hope this is good enough.... if not, im not sure what to do.... will this atleast produce me some buds?:smoke: please say yes..lol anyway, here are some new pics...[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

hope thaaat worked:wave:

15. I think you can manage a smaller harvest with this many lights, but if you can get a few more. As for what you have - keep 4 of the bulbs ( on 2 seperate y-splitters) above the tops of the plants, then insert 4 on 2 more y splitters inbetween the plants to give some of the undergrowth more light filling them up and givin you more buds. If you get more lights just try to put em in a place with little or less light as to fill the cabinet with light. Secondly, lining your grow space with a space blanket shoudl help reflect more light towards the plants. CFL's should go approx 2-3 inches away from leaves between plants and 1.5-2" above tops. Check the cab daily to check for growth spurts.

ohh and as for bulbs, your local hardware giant should have 43, 76 etc. watt (true watt) CFL's in the floodlight section.

16. yah, wow i found 200w cfl's... even with only a 110v requirment!! But they are like 50 -to- 80 bux... looks well worth it. Ill check lowes to see if they are in stock.. propably cheaper than on the net too... Ill probably go for some of the 150 or 200 watt bulbs considering they are hardly more than the 80watt ones.

Do you know of any bulbs that are safe to actually touch the plant and beneficial to it also??

ill try and get some more stuff more my setup, and post more pics...

by the way thanks for the help!! Your a life saver, and a plant saver!

17. The cost of the grow room is negligible compared to the benefits. I'd rather spend 1000 dollars on a grow room and grow 10000 dollars worth of pot than spend 100 dollars on a grow room and grow 1000 dollars worth of pot. :)

18. Ok, look here boy I just spent 5 minutes trying to identify what the issue is since you couldn't make a single clear point in your post. You don't really seem to have encountered a problem here. A combination of poor light penetration and weak nukes can double the time your plant takes for flowering. 6 months is not uncommon with some CFL grows. Just hang in there.

19. I don't know of any bulbs but I've heard that fluoro tubes can touch a leaf without burning it.

20. The only one that I can think of would be an LED configuration, but that sort of system is reputably expensive.