Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Am I doing something wrong?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by tehHydra, Jul 10, 2018.

1. #1 tehHydra, Jul 10, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2018
    I've been experimenting with smoking over the last 4-6 weeks, mainly vaping but have smoked a few grams of flower too.

All the strains I've tried (Skywalker OG, Blueberry, Cherry Pie, Lemon Cookie, GDP, Blue Dream) have mainly made me relaxed, lightheaded, sleepy and couchlocked, which is okay.

I always hear people go on and on about how great weed is, and I cant say I hate it, but I only see it as a sleep-aid for me. I've never really gotten the relief from pain and body high people brag about. I understand everyone is different but is it safe to say that this is just how I'm wired? Should I keep trying different strains?

I want to like it more, right now I like it, but I want to love it, but it hasn't happened yet :(

One thing I am amazed by was even when I smoked all day long, I woke up the next morning feeling great, without a shred of a hangover which is amazing.

2. Many only can find the level of medication they are looking for with the addition of edibles and such. As someone who found flower initially through a social setting it was weird and hard to separate the two years later.

Maybe you need a change of scenery or pace? Many other people are just fine smoking or vaping exclusively, their receptors respond similarity and they maintian a similar experience. Perhaps your specific tolerance plays a part as well. Have you tried the wonderful world of edibles yet? Firecrackers?

I would recommend making your own as store bought are wildly innacurate in their advertised and real potency.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. #3 old shol4evr, Jul 11, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2021
    delete

4. isn't lemon cookie Sativa dom? yet it made just as relaxed as the Indo doms,

5. #5 old shol4evr, Jul 11, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2021
    delete

6. stick to indica, good for the body, or smoke more

7. I smoke a lot of Blue Dream since it's a favorite at dispensaries around here, but as a Sativa-dominant strain, it doesn't give me the effects you mentioned (sleepy, couchlocked, etc.) and I never get light headed, but that could just be a difference in tolerance. It sounds like you're looking for heavy indica strains, those will help with pain.