Am I curing right?

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by gamezman1121, Jan 25, 2017.

1. Hey all

Just picked up some stuff off my
    Guy and the smell was insane, the budhowever did not have the potent taste to go with the smell, and I thought was a bit too 'moist' rather than sticky. The stems do not also snap off easy. I've been told it's 'lemon haze' (I can upload pics of the bud, may not be best quality as only taken on iPhone 7 plus) but the bud looks decent I think. I just think as it's lacking the taste and still a bit moist may not have been cured properly/long enough.

I have put my buds in a glass jar, which I have then put in an empty draw in a chest of drawers (my cool dark place). The buds have been in the jar since about 10pm last night (I am in the uk)

I have taken them out of the jar about 3 times for about 15 mins a time before replacing them back into the jar and into the drawer.

Am I doing this correctly? I don't know if it's me or a placebo but I'm sure every time I open it up after a few hours the smell gets slightly stronger. Am I doing it right and will this improve the quality and taste of my buds? How long do I have to do it for?

Attached pics of bud too

Attached Files:

2. The bud looks good. Not to make you paranoid but it kinda looks like mold on the second pic (the little grey area). It sounds too moist so I'd err on the side of too dry while you cure it. Curing takes weeks, not days, so I'd just get it dry enough to smoke and keep it at around 62% RH and enjoy it. That's my 2 pence.

3. Thank you for your reply

I know curing takes weeks when you first harvest the plant after drying and that, but as this has already been harvested and I'm guessing already going through a curing process (even if not long enough) it may not need weeks again and could possibly be done in a day or two, again I have never grown my own crops so I don't have the best knowledge.

I don't know if it is mould, none of the other buds look like that and that pic was taken when I first got the bud (not since I started curing myself so to speak)

But the process I am doing to cure it, is this the correct way? Will it increase taste and potency? Shall I leave it until the stems snap off easily? As they kind of bend and not snap right now.

Thanks again for taking the time to reply, appreciated :)

-edit-

Also looking over your answer I don't know how/have a tool to measure and keep it at '62% rh' so hoping my drawer is fine.

Apologies if I sound like a total noob haha

4. Don't worry about noobness.

Personally I'd get it on the dry side of things so as to prevent it from molding...then jar it. Because I don't know your RH, I have no idea if your current plan is the best one.

• Like Like x 1