Am I bound to be skinny forever??

Discussion in 'General' started by peezy, Nov 21, 2013.

1. So all my life I have been skinny.Only in high school did I have a slight build rather then being all bones. I was around 155-160 because of all the working out I did (track, football) after graduating though I stopped working out and picked up smoking weed. You would think I would get fat from no excercise and having the munchies but instead the opposite happened. Im about 140 or 145 now and honestly im a bit insecure about how skinny I am. I want to get back into going to the gym but does anyone know any effective ways of gaining mass? Note that I eat like a animal all day so I dont think im eating too little. Thanks in advance!

2. high metabolism. same here. i eat, and, and eat, and somehow never gain weight. been 125-135 for going on 16 years now.

3. you guys are lucky im like 105 and have been for fifteen years.

4. go to the gym...eat alot... make sure ur eating enough by logging in ur food in an app like myfitnesspal... if ur serious about gaining weight this will work

5. #5 Jamaican Hotbox, Nov 21, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2013
    Wanna trade places?

230 and can't seem to lose weight.

Maybe I should switch to light beer? :confused_2:

I'm also 6'1 so its not like I'm short and fat.

More like tall and chubby

6. Yeah man its nice that I dont have to watch what I eat but I just dont want ti be skinny anymore!

7. lol i eat like 5k calories a day and lift and do cardio six days a week.

8. If you eat 5k of calories a day, stop doing activities and you'll gain weight. especially cardio, 6 days a week?

Sent from The Gods.

9. Thanks I think Ill check that app out!

10. Im going to stay away from cardio I heard it can hinder you from gaining weight

11. damn i was 140 in like 8th grade..my average is 180 but i have a medium build

If you're living a healthy life style, then your thinness should not be a problem. 

But if you're living an unhealthy life style, then your thin body will make you feel extremely insecure. 

A healthy 140 pound body and an unhealthy 140 pound body may be same in weight, but they are totally different in their looks.

And the way they feel.

I'm skinny all my life. I've always been skinny, and I am still skinny by any standard. 

Before, I felt insecure about my skin body. But now, I feel healthy. 

So... I guess what I'm trying to say is... live a healthy life, then your attitude towards your body will become more positive. 

13. i was a twig till i was 17 or 18.  like 6 foot 2, 190 pounds...now im 19 and im like 210. 

lossing like 3 or 4 pounds would not hurt me however. im kinda getting a gut

14. Your metabolism is likely to slow way down once you're into your twenties, then you'll fill out. You can speed up the process by hitting the weights and gorging the calories, but nature will catch you up eventually.

I've always been short and of stocky build. Not much fat, just a solid boy.

15. I'm chubby at 5'9 200lbs

Have some fat pls. I don't even eat much, like two meals a day. Normally like a banana and a sandwich.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. have you tried eating less?

conventional wisdom tells you to space out 5 or 6 small meals throughout the day, but i think prehistoric humans wouldnt have that kidn of luxury and ocnsequentially we are not evolved to eat that way.

find out what your basal metabolic rate is, google it they have like online calculators, then add like 500 calories to your diet. eat those calories within a few hours and only hydrate and take suppplements the rest of the day

17. What's wrong with being skinny? You just need to lift some weights and eat some healthy foods that have protein and carbs so you can put on some mass and get ripped. Lift until you cant and eat until you throw up. Healthy foods though, not shitty ass foods. Nutrition is half the battle. Do  research

18. Light beer is a terrible.

19. I know :(

20. So is American beer in general. I'm sad for you guys because of it. :(