Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Am I being ripped off, or need a different scale?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by sberman51, Apr 5, 2012.

1. Ok, I just picked up 2 grams of Bubblegum Kush. It sure as hell looked like 2 grams, but I weighed it when I got home just in case. On my scale, it said all of the weed together weighed 1.2 grams. It looks like way more. The scale I'm using now is an extremely nice and expensive scale, but it's not meant for measuring weed. Do I need to use a scale specially made for weed?
    Thanks!

2. Put a nickel on it it should weigh 5g. This way you can see if your scale is accurate or not. Some strains of bud just look like more than they actually weigh, too.

3. Have the kid weigh it infront of you next time. Take it home and see if your scale says the same.

4. Put a dollar bill on it. Does it say 1.0?

5. like people said above a dollar should weigh .9 - 1.0g and a nickel should weigh 5g

6. Unfortunately the dollar bill ($5 bill) weighed 0.9 grams... Now what? Are weed scales specially made for weed?

7. ur good then man

8. Sorry dude. Weight is weight when it comes to a scale. sorry. Im sure the guy didnt have a scale and just eyeballed it. Make sure you let him know and see whats up.

9. Dude scales are just scales, why would there be ones that weigh weed differently?
    If it weighed 1.2g on a normal scale, but on "weed scales" it said 2g, you'd still only have 1.2g of weed.

10. yeah US dollars weigh 1g if you see that your are $

11. Yeah you're right. If I post a picture, do you guys think you could eye-ball it and tell me how much you think it is? I'm kind of new this whole thing. Thanks!

12. [quote name='"sberman51"']Yeah you're right. If I post a picture, do you guys think you could eye-ball it and tell me how much you think it is? I'm kind of new this whole thing. Thanks![/quote]

Nope. No one can eyeball completely accurately even with it right in front of them, let alone over the Internet. You said you weighed a dollar bill and it was .9? Then your scale is accurate and you have 1.2 grams of bud.

13. By what I've been reading, then yes, you have 1.2 g sorry dude

14. Damn, I payed $40 for that shit. It smells SOOO good though! Extremely sweet and I don't mean sweet smelling weed, but it legitimately smells like candy haha. I'm sure I'll enjoy it though, so no worries :)

I have a lot of completely different strains saved up for Saturday (day of celebration) which include GDP, Sour Diesel, and Bubba Kush. How would mixing them turn out? Which ones should I mix? How much of each? Thanks!

15. you got jipped...tell him next time you see him. If he doesn't compensate you, look for a new dealer.

16. Mix them all. And sorry but yea you got played

17. people in apprentice tokers are fucking retarded i'm sorry. I'm the fuck outta here.

18. #18 sberman51, Apr 5, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2012
    Ok, so you're saying to mix them all equally?
    I think I have the plan for what to smoke and when for Saturday:
    Morning: Sour Diesel (90% Sativa, so it will kick-start the day)
    During the Day: Bubblegum Kush (60% Indica/40% Sativa, so we can have an even, et stoned, day)
    To Settle Down at Night: Granddaddy Purple (90% Indica, so we'll all get relaxed and ready for the night)

Here's some pictures of the "best bud of each type" that I have:

Granddaddy Purple:

View attachment 852497

View attachment 852498

View attachment 852496

Sour Diesel:

View attachment 852500

More pics and pics of Bubblegum Kush coming soon.

By the way, these pictures are for qualitative purposes, not for judging amounts (quantitative). I haven't taken any pictures of the Bubblegum Kush yet.

Let me know what you think!

19. you got jacked up.

20. pics anyway i love me some bubblegum