Am I being a spoiled brat?

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by slightlysto0pid, Nov 20, 2011.

1. Take money completely out of the equation. Evaluate the amount of effort only. Now what do you have?

2. I worked a lot of extra hours even though sometimes my job makes me want to rip my hair out and I thought a lot about what would make him happy. The bottom line was to make him happy and I felt a little bit pissed off when he didn't seem to recognize the time and work I put into the gifts but like someone else said, when you give a gift don't expect any appreciation, that's not what gifts are about. I agree with that and it gave me a new perspective.

My guy put in effort in his own way, I'm over this whole issue now and I'm glad I learned a new lesson about life. Effort and love is what counts, not material things.

3. #43 slightlysto0pid, Nov 23, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2011
    Lol and why can't you work? I'd like to hear this one. From your grammar and the way you come off you kind of sound like my boyfriend's best friend, twenty one and living off his parents, playing video games all day, never bothering to do anything productive, trying to fuck any nasty bitch that looks his way, demanding weed and other shit from people, never bothering to shower, and content being a fat grease ball. I don't know if that's what you're like and I apologize if I'm wrong but you sound like that type of person.

Whatever floats your boat, just don't call me names and assume things about me. Nervy and insulting? Yeah, I get that a lot. I just speak my mind and I don't sugar coat shit, if I offend anyone then I'm sorry but unfortunately the real world is cold my friend, gotta be able to take it and dish it out. My bad if I'm wrong about anything, I can accept being wrong. Nothing wrong with that, I'm human and if I'm doing or saying something wrong then fucking call me out on it in a productive way like a lot of these people did, you don't see me getting my panties in a bunch, I accepted the truth and learned from it.

4. [quote name='"slightlysto0pid"']

Lol and why can't you work? I'd like to hear this one. From your grammar and the way you come off you kind of sound like my boyfriend's best friend, twenty one and living off his parents, playing video games all day, never bothering to do anything productive, trying to fuck any nasty bitch that looks his way, demanding weed and other shit from people, never bothering to shower, and content being a fat grease ball. I don't know if that's what you're like and I apologize if I'm wrong but you sound like that type of person.

Whatever floats your boat, just don't call me names and assume things about me. Nervy and insulting? Yeah, I get that a lot. I just speak my mind and I don't sugar coat shit, if I offend anyone then I'm sorry but unfortunately the real world is cold my friend, gotta be able to take it and dish it out. My bad if I'm wrong about anything, I can accept being wrong. Nothing wrong with that, I'm human and if I'm doing or saying something wrong then fucking call me out on it in a productive way like a lot of these people did, you don't see me getting my panties in a bunch, I accepted the truth and learned from it.[/quote]

Damn I love you! Laying the law down but you can admit and converse like a normal human being when wrong things are said and done.

5. #45 jaykewashere, Nov 23, 2011
    I have severe mental health issues that also affect me physically greatly ... I'm not gonna get into it but I'm just gonna say I'm not just some pussy complaining about being sad I got real problems .... By you saying you can tell who the broke asses are and sponging off mommy and daddy ect. Comparing me to some lazy unproductive pothead that's nervy and offended the fuck out of me if I didn't have weed I probly would either be dead or in the mental health care facility ( aka nut house )For the rest of my life. i am greatly thankful for my parents and I can't live alone due to my problems . I normally don't get this offended by somebody on the Internet but .. Not cool man , and actually I've only had sex with one girl and I hope it stays like that forever , and she ain't no nasty bitch and my spelling is shit because I'm on an iPod . Each key is like a quarter inch do you know how hard it is to type? And I don't recall calling you any names I just " spoke my mind without sugar coating it the world is cold ect ect . "

6. [quote name='"epiic"']

Damn I love you! Laying the law down but you can admit and converse like a normal human being when wrong things are said and done.[/quote]

You probly love any girl on the Internet that agknowleges your presence

7. You're being a superficial bitch

8. I can kind of see where OP is coming from. While I can understand that OP's boyfriend is only 18 and probably do not have much cash, for an anniversary many girls do wish that their man can in a sense, show that they care enough. Thing is if he really wanted to make the anniversary special he probably have the option to save a little before the day itself for the dinner. Unless of course some other things in life happens and it caused him to be really short on cash. Or even if he is low on money there is always other options that can make it sweet without spending much. I don't know about you OP, but I would be really happy if my man cooks me dinner even if it is something rather simple. Or since he have work earlier that day you could have prepared the candle light dinner without spending too much lol
    IMO these homemade things are much more heartwarming than going to a fancy restaurant.

But really OP, try to understand that being only 18 he probably do not have much job experience and can't get high paying job. In fact, I won't be surprised at all if he gets stressed from all the expensive gifts you get him when he is not able to afford all that for you. Many men have ego that could be dented when their lady earn more than them ^^"

9. Sounds like most relationships between 18 and 20 year olds. Girls always seem to have their shit together faster that guys. You're at an age where you should be dating an older dude:ey: who has his shit together and knows how to treat a women. This relationship is purely for life experience and growth. When you hit 25, you gotta get rid of the older dude, because now, guys in your age range are starting to get their shit together, and the older guy is getting old.

This is the flow of life, I think this pays respect to female maturity, and also empowering women to go on a journey of exploration, and taking a proactive role in finding their mate. And also being horny little demons that purr like kittens. I'm sorry what?

10. You kinda do seem to have your panties in a bunch, you wrote this thread expecting what, exactly, from a bunch of guys? You realize alot of these guys have been on the receiving end of high expectations. Of course they're going to judge you harshly. You're proving all of the invalid claims they've made about girls expecting more.

The first thing you need to learn is to not have expectations. You did these things for him because you love him, not because you expected some big whooptydo in return.

The second is that you knowingly started a relationship with an 18 year old guy. Of course he's not going to be out on his own making a seven figure sallary. Just be happy that he got you something to show you how important you are to him.

Do you know how excited i get when my boyfriend stops by my work just to give me a candy bar or a slushie? It makes me feel like he just bought me a car... just because i know he was thinking about me. You gotta start appreciating him for him and not the things he buys. Just because he didn't buy you an expensive present doesn't mean he didn't appreciate what you got him.

Next time, instead of setting yourself up for disappointment, let him know you plan on doing something slightly extravagant, but you won't if he'd rather keep it low-key.

11. [quote name='"jaykewashere"']

You probly love any girl on the Internet that agknowleges your presence[/quote]

I love little underage boys too. Wanna webcam? :)

12. Lol you called me a bitch but whatever, it's the internet dude, hopefully I didn't send you running straight to the nut house.

13. #53 jaykewashere, Nov 23, 2011
    [quote name='"slightlysto0pid"']

Lol you called me a bitch but whatever, it's the internet dude, hopefully I didn't send you running straight to the nut house.[/quote]

Because you ARE being a cold bitch wake up , you asked me and I told you , " I'm not gonna sugar coat it for you " and in the same thread your complaining about name calling and saying shit about being able to dish it and take it , are you backwards woman ?

14. I didn't expect shit except to hear constructive feedback whether it meant I was wrong or right or whatever anyone wanted to say. I knew I was probably being harsh as a female but wanted to hear it from a male's perspective, I can handle the truth and like I've said before I want to be called out in a constructive way if I'm wrong, I agree with most of the people on here who called me out on where I was wrong. Live and learn. I don't even care about the people who talked shit, a) it's the damn internet and b) the ones who did talk shit probably aren't the ones that have all the girls chasing after them, nothing wrong with that but don't go out and attack every girl with high standards because of it.

If a candy bar makes your day then more power to you, I'm being serious when I say that. It's good that you can appreciate the little things. I NEVER said that I expect guys to spoil me and take care of me and buy me shit, I like being independent and getting my own. Even if I was with a rich dude I still would be making my own money and doing my own thing, however I do like to be appreciated and taken out at least on special occasions, especially when I'm nothing but a great girlfriend to my boyfriend. I know that if I were a male posting the same thing on here everyone would be on my side and the roles would be reversed but am I going to apologize for wanting to be treated nicely? Nope. Does that make me superficial? Not exactly. The bottom line wasn't really about the amount of money or the gifts, it came down to the appreciation and thought and I felt like I didn't really receive either of those things but whatever, I'm over it now, now I know that if I want anything at all I'm not going to expect shit in return from anyone, I'm just going to be the one to 110% treat myself good.

15. Haha I can take being called a bitch, it's not like I haven't heard that word before. You just said you didn't call me any names and I simply said that you called me a bitch but whatever. I don't want to say anything else mean to you because I don't know you, I'm not on the internet to pick fights and insult everyone left to right, maybe you are a cool and/or good person, I wouldn't know and that's not for me to judge.

16. So you pose the question, asking for people's opinions, and then decry them as false, while also victimizing yourself. Threads like this bring too much animosity to the city , what's the point in asking a question only to berate the people who answer and tell them they're wrong?

17. Um what? Read the whole thing, I admitted I was wrong. I didn't "victimize myself" lol I just pointed out where I thought I was right, isn't that how things work? Stop being so fucking dramatic and go get laid or go smoke a joint, I didn't know the internet really got to people that much.

18. But the problem is you are not a great girlfriend. You proved that with this thread. Instead of talking it out with him you decided to bitch about him on the internet to a forum populated predominantly by males. I have an old highschool friend living with me right now. She is an incredibly cool girl and to make things better we are friends with benefits. I vegged out and played Black Ops for HOURS yesterday and she either watched me or did her own thing. She doesn't expect me to pay for her but I have been supporting her. By her own admission this makes her uncomfortable and when she is payed all the money is going to me. I bought her a 25$ video game and immediately after she wanted to go to walmart to buy me Saints Row 3.

You need to adjust your expectations. If he says he can't take you out because he doesn't have the cash to do so why question it? What if he spent his last dollar on that pipe you claim wasn't the nicest. People pick up on that shit. Maybe he noticed you where not thrilled with his gift and that hurt his feelings. Besides he is 18, an age where you work a minimum wage job, live with your parents, smoke pot and play videogames. Expecting him to have a GOOD job with a good pay check is fucking ridiculous. You have had the opportunity to work for 2 plus years, meaning you can get better paying jobs. My first jobs I made minimum wage or less at. Your expectations are warped and disturbing. I hope your boyfriend wises up and leaves you before he is locked into a long term relationship with someone who can't appreciate the smalls things in life.

tl;dr You are wrong, talk to him or get over it.

19. [quote name='"Chamonix"']

But the problem is you are not a great girlfriend. You proved that with this thread. Instead of talking it out with him you decided to bitch about him on the internet to a forum populated predominantly by males. it.[/quote]

Thankyou!

20. [quote name='"slightlysto0pid"']

I know that if I were a male posting the same thing on here everyone would be on my side and the roles would be reversed [/quote]

[quote name='"slightlysto0pid"']

Um what? Read the whole thing, I admitted I was wrong. I didn't "victimize myself" lol I just pointed out where I thought I was right, isn't that how things work? Stop being so fucking dramatic and go get laid or go smoke a joint. [/quote]

I think I shall :)

Attached Files: