Am I at risk.

Discussion in 'Security' started by Cold Play, Jan 27, 2012.

1. Ok, it is pretty laugh worthy of myself but sometimes in social situations I freeze up and just say whatever. I don't really control it.

I was buying potting soil at my local garden store (not hydroponics) that is in my town. I asked the cashier if the soil was "Added-food" free and if it was 100% organic. He said yes and after I purchased (with cash) he said "What are you doing, growing pot?!" in a kinda stern voice but it looked like he kinda smiled maybe afterwards.

Anyways, I kinda froze up and I said "No man, drugs are bad. This is my fav store though bye.."
    It was weird but I know by the tone I said he it must of assumed that I was growing pot (I didn't really think so but I now assume I look like a more stoner type?)

Anyways, I payed cash but when I was driving away is there a chance that he would see my license plate on the security camera and call the police on me for suspicion?

I am freaking out I don't want to be arrested. :(:confused::(

2. I'm SURE you'll be fine man. Sounds like he was just fucking with you, and I doubt anyone would care enough to actually go through footage and calling the police just to catch you and your bag of soil.

3. Chill. Imagine you're a cop at the station, and you get a phone call. "Yeah hi, I work at the local garden store, and this guy came in and bought some potting soil. I asked if he was gonna grow pot and he said no, but I'm not so sure. I have his license plate number." Officer: "So all we know is that he bought potting soil? Look mister, we got real cases to investigate around here..."

4. #4 aceguitar, Jan 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2012
    Arrested for what? Buying dirt? Get a grip

5. No stop worrying. People buy all sorts of things. We don't live in a dictatorship yet. Its like a hydro store. Theres nothing in there that is bad to buy. You could use that to grow basil, corn etc.

Then again if your targeted for arrest really nothing you can do :) so why worry about things you can't change.

6. Thanks for the help everyone. I used to do (not anyone only sweet mary j) alot of unmentionables and it has kinda permanently made me a paranoid fuck. I guess it could be a pro in ensuring as much security as I could do for my grow.

Yes, I guess I should grip harder :(

7. This made me laugh!!! I just picture the op screaming "DRUGS ARE BAD" all bug eyed!!!
    I used to get paranoid like that but now I walk out of the hydro store with a bag of ffof on my shoulder and a bottle of bud booster in my hand not sweating it.

8. man, thats exactly how it happened :p
    lol

9. You probably shouldnt be growing if your that paranoid about buying the soil. Id hate to see what happens when you go to buy your light. Just imagine when your 8 weeks into flower and you hear a knock at the door, you gonna cut down your whole crop.

10. Next time be like yea ill hit up after harvest:smoke:

11. I was in home depot last week looking for horticulture molasses and the kid asked me what it was for. I'm almost 50 and was wearing a shirt and tie so I told him it was for soil microbs and he asked why I needed that. I finally told him that it supposedly makes your buds denser and he sized me up and started cracking up. I got a ya right old man look.

Getting older doesn't always suck.

12. Thats happens every time.i go into one of these places.....no joke

13. dont get paranoid, it just makes you look and act suspicious lol dont be over the top when it comes to being careful because sometimes it might make you stick out pretty bad

14. What you have experienced is referred to as the Spotlight Effect in psychology. Spotlight effect is the tendency to think everyone is watching you more closely than you think.

Something that goes with the effect to, is that it may be incredibly memorable and/or embarrassing to you, but the chances are incredibly high that the only person that remembers it is you.

I actually broke out my text book for that!

But in the end, you'll be fine. A good way to going into a hydroponic store, where the discussion of what you're growing may come up, is to prepare yourself to answer any questions with some legal. I personally grow peppers and tomatoes once my foot steps into that door. All the other details can basically be discussed, since growing weed or peppers is generically the same.

The chances of somebody actually watching you are so slim it's borderline psychosis to think that someone cares. Of course, you will realize when someone actually IS watching.

15. ^ I remember reading about the spotlight effect, interesting stuff... and too many people I know suffer from it lol. You just gotta take a step back, and not let yourself get overly paranoid. You bought potting soil, and you even said you weren't growing pot.. not much to worry about here. Its good to be cautious, but you don't want to get overly sketched out. Use paranoia to your advantage.

16. I work in a hardware store, and people come in EVERYDAY as BLUNTLY ask growing tips for growing pot. So I don't think you're at risk. LOL If anything he probably was looking for a hook up. hehe

17. Hey man thanks a lot! I think this fits me.
    I have a bunch of friends but when I first met them/am meeting new people I am always really quiet because I wrongly think people is judging everything I do very closely and are annoyed by me/don't like me even though nobody actually has a problem.

18. Don't want to sketch OP out anymore but they got cameras watching 90% of the population pretty much round the clock. In retrospect this is good for growers since their are far bigger things on LEO's mind then a small grower.

19. He doesn't give two shit what your growing.....that would be the dickheads that hide in the parking lot scaring away his business and fucking with his customers...they hate the man just as bad as we do I'm sure..he just wanted to fuck with a stoner..he probably is wondering why all of a sudden 18-40 is his customer base now when it used to be 55-90... Lol

20. Just the clarify, it isn't like a disorder or anything lol. It happens to everyone, and it's something that you simply cannot just ignore. It's built into our system to think like that. Being aware is always nice though, because you can use it to your advantage.