Am I an Asshole?

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by The Gooner, Nov 18, 2012.

1. So here is the situation.

I broke up with my girlfriend of almost 3 years two weeks ago. Brief History: She was a junior in high school and I was a senior when we first started dating. After I graduated, I left for college which was over an hour away. Once she graduated, she joined me at the university I was at, but then had to return back to our hometown for her sophomore year of collge because she didn't need many credits.

So now here we are. It's been two weeks since the break up. And since then I have hooked up with my ex's best friend, and my ex's best friend's roommate.

Should I feel like an asshole? Or keep living my life with no regrets?

I'm not trying to be a man whore or anything, but I do enjoy being single!

2. Enjoy it dude, as long as your intentions aren't to hurt your ex by sleeping with them, then you're in the clear.

That chick really isn't your ex's friend though if she slept with you. That's not something a friend does

3. Yeah. The breakup was definitely hard, and I have no ill feelings towards my ex. But if she were to find out... Don't even want to think about it.

4. I would imagine that she would feel incredibly hurt and betrayed.

5. no, you aren't. if you're cautious about being an asshole in this situation, obviously you have a good deal of respect for her. do what you want man, as long as your intentions arent to hurt her. her friends on the other hand... damn

6. As a man your only real goal is to fuck as much as possible. Your not an asshole op, to me you're just a guy doing what we do.

7. I wouldn't say you are an ass, really. But you could have been a little more sensitive in your sexy time choices. You have a whole school full of women and you fuck her best friend? That's shitty.

8. Heartless. Dump a girl then fuck her best friend? Talk about a fuck you to the face. Yes....next time wait a few weeks so you don't look like such an....asshole.

9. That is pretty low man.

10. Only you can standardize your morals.
    If you don't want to regret it, find a reason not to and enjoy life.

If you do regret it, make amends in your own justified way and never do it again.

If I were you though, I'd switch playing fields.
    You're playing in dangerous territory, my friend.

11. If you saw the females at my university, you'd understand my motives. We have 500 students, and only a handful of the females are attractive.

It's not like I just made the decision to hook up with them. They are very attractive, sue me.

12. All depends on your morales. Some would call you an asshole, some would call you a hero.

13. I would think it's a step down.. Yall were together for three years but you're fuckin her friends like it was only a month. Fuckin a gf's friends is easy because they saw you with her and wondered what you gave her.

Go meet some other girls and really strike out.

14. I have a different definition to hooking up. We just made out. Still as bad?

15. No it certainly does not make you an asshole.

but if my girl did that to me I'd feel a bit fucked up as a result

16. It does have the same possible interpretations to your ex though. You were trying to get with her friends, right after you broke up.

Meh, I wouldn't sweat it though. Enjoy the single life bro

17. if you are asking this question then you have probably already acknowledged that your behavior was hurtful. just because you and your ex are no longer together doesnt mean that you shouldnt be considerate of her feelings at all anymore. especially this soon after a break-up. yes, you are single and free to do as you please. but damn, have some discretion and dont have sex with her friends! shes probably having a hard enough time as is with the end of a 3 year relationship. if an ex did this to me i would absolutely think he was an asshole and also question how much he ever really cared to begin with.

18. We judge ourselves by our intentions and others by their actions.......

Don't expect her to not think your an asshole.

19. Maybe you should have stuck to the roomate? Kind of a dick move, but whatever man.

20. You probably are an asshole, but her best friend is a bigger asshole.