Am I alone?

Discussion in 'General' started by srs1990, Apr 19, 2017.

1. Am I the only person who smokes a good bit and have smoked a ton during my life but at the same time I can't stand hippies or pot heads?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
  2. Definitely not.

• Like Like x 1
  3. no your not alone, but I am more partial to the person then the use.

4. There are two kinds of people in this world...haters and stoners.

• Winner Winner x 3
  5. I just have no patience for losers that won't help themselves. I have plenty of friends that I would consider pot heads. Several of them are the most successful people I know. I also know people who don't smoke or drink. They sit around waiting for their government checks and complaing.

6. Probably not. There's a lot of hypocrites who use drugs yet criticize others for doing the same thing.

• Like Like x 5
  7. Glad to see these answers. Sometimes I do feel like a hypocrite bc I smoke and love smoking I just despise the stigma that comes with it. And the stereotypical image of it. OMG I just realized what black people must feel like

8. #10 Tonika, Apr 20, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2017
    Welcome to gc I hope you have a great time here!

9. even still, everyone owns their very own endocannabinoid system in their body to benefit from the cannabinoids in cannabis... we are the same on the inside in other words... albeit slightly different but the same

10. Now I'm pretty sure you're trolling.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Not at all. What made you suggest that?

12. THE TERM STONER/HIPPIE carries negative connotations so I prefer "Cannabis enthusiast" let me clarify- the definition of cannabis enthusiasts- intelligent, college educated, have grown and harvested my own cannabis plants, well versed in cannabis parlance- veg/flower/ medium/ DWC/Hydroponics/ firm grasp on macro and micro nutrients as well as beneficial microbes. Now don't get it twisted, I AM A STONER / I'm also a good person who cares about the health and well being of others and would give you the shirt off my back and the last nug in my jar. I also prefer "chill head" - imagine how different the world would be if 1/2 the alcoholics turned to cannabis....let that sink in for a min... domestic violence would decrease as well as DWI related arrests and fatialities, and general holliganism would be laughable bc ur stoned/relaxed/ connected with the world on a metaphysical level. I'm yet to get stoned and think "I'm gonna break a bottle on that dudes face-VIOLENCE and CANNABIS- don't really hear much about that now do u. The government got scared that we were turning into a natio of pasafists and they need us to fight their oil wars hence the reason people can get a bottle of vodka and get shit faced in public but I gotta watch my ass smoking a jay....in the words of Andre 3000 from Outkast "marijuana illegal but cigarettes cool I might look kind of funny but I ain't no fool!"

13. The stigma is a farce the government portrays in the media- movies/television etc. it's a scare tactic since we all know weed is harmless they tell the children it will make u lazy and stupid, but smoke cigs and drink all u want but yeah that's bad too but it's okay bc the white men who run the country all do it. I call SHANAGIANS!!! Most people I know as a young adult are "stoners yet they are running successful business and own homes and have families.... same guys I started smoking with in 99 at age 14- we are "stoners" but in the "yeah man like far out brother" type. Everyone is different so who am I do judge how some act when smoking. As long as it mellows you out and your not hurting or offending anyone I say smoke on. I hate being called a STONER- I'm an educated cannabis enthusiast /grower/ who has traveled the world and went to Amsterdam at age 18.... went to Anne Franks house- now, a "STONER" know the weed is legal in coffee shops but may not care or have the knowledge to visit the Van Gough museum... that's what I call a dumb pot head

14. We are stoners BUT NOT "yeah man far out groovy 1968 stereotypes "

15. Most likely.

I'd say true hippies are cool, fake wannabe hippy stereotypical new agers I can't really stand (but will still hang with).

People who smoke weed are obviously cool, people who wear rasta colored panchos, bob marley shirts, have bad dreads, burkenstocks, a hemp bracelet or necklace, and overall look like a dirty, lazy stoner, nawwwww I don't hang with those people.

16. I am one of that kind of people that cannot understand the MJ green leaves motive in fashion. But I guess some people have tshirts with whisky or beer brands and are proud of it, so... I don't know what to think about it

17. I guess I still like girls who think they're hippies.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. #20 Sublime, Apr 21, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2017
    If you smoke daily you are indeed a pothead. Regardless of how you feel. You've simply assigned a negative connotation with potheads, likely that they're lazy and stupid if I had to guess. However, you'll find your stereotype label isn't true, the reason being is because only the idiots show off that they smoke weed. There are PLENTY of people who smoke daily who hide their usage or don't make it public or don't dress stoner-y or people you would never have guessed smoked.

And what's wrong with hippies??? I don't get the hate. Please explain.

Because they desire peace? Because they like nature? They're not usually obnoxious people. They're usually the most laid back people ever, and really understanding and open minded, and care about other people and animals and life on this planet. Yeah, because that's so bad...

What's so bad about hippies and potheads? I'd rather be around a pothead than an alcoholic. Alcoholics are so unpredictable and make me uncomfortable

• Like Like x 1