Am i alone in thinking this?

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by DrewDizzle69, Dec 22, 2011.

1. So i believe that when you sleep, your mind is in another universe/dimension but its still connected to this one via your body. That is why we dream, we are living another life far off somewhere but its shrouded in mystery because of our inability to remember dreams which makes us think that these glimpses are nothing more than mere dreams that dont have a definite pourpose. Please post your thoughts/opinions

2. You just watched Inception, didn't you

3. [quote name='"JAM430"']You just watched Inception, didn't you[/quote]

No haha, ive seen that before and i loved it tho. But i have been wondering about that for a while, me amd a coworkerwere talking about it and its kinda stuck in my mind. I love the thinking behind inception tho, go into a dream and createyour own world... That would be amazing!

4. So like when we are conscious, we are dreaming basically. Because reality is nothing more than electric signals running through our brain right? so is dreaming, i dig this op. im gonna smoke some hash and ponder this.

5. yeah... you can be pretty sure you're the only one who thinks that...

6. It's strange cause I've talked to people about this before too..

Every time I have a dream it's always in the same 'altered universe' as I always called it. It's the same town I live in, but altered in somewhat strange ways, but it's always altered in the same way each dream.. like if I wanted to I could draw out a detailed map of where my dreams take place and be able to use that same map everytime cause it's always the same.

When you see someone sleeping, they look just so lifeless and 'not there'. Completely unconscious, as if whatever the driving force behind that person has just left and is somewhere else entirely.

Have you ever had lucid dreams OP? You can become in full control of your dreams when you become aware you're dreaming, it's a crazy experience and is as clear and real feeling/looking/sounding/tasting as real reality. It's not that easy to get into that state of consciousness while dreaming though, it takes practice because otherwise you have a total mindfuck that you are free todo whatever you wish and that you're within a seemingly physical reality that is actually constructed entirely within your own mind :eek::smoke:

7. I fucking love everything about dreaming. <3

8. Yes, and i believe i have met 'important' people to me in my dreams. It's like i know them so well, yet when i wake up i can't say i've physically met them. It's really weird, occasionally i'll have them appear in a dream again although it's rare.

9. Dreaming repairs your brain from all the stress that has been taken throughout the day think about that, that's crazy
    *****s be stressin me.

10. Grandmaster, I dream in much the same way; often in my neighborhood, but its definitely different than the waking version. Or I'm at school being taught math by my english teacher lol. The school has become crazy places before. And the other place which I frequently visit is this indefinitely large wilderness, where I've hiked and been part of huge camping groups along with all the other nonsensical adventures. My dreams seem to be invariably in those three places, and in the dream I'm fully aware that this is the same familiar place.

11. OP, everything you said is what Astral projection is all about. Even got the chord part right lol

12. Considering the cause of dreams, every damn one of us is a common criminal every time we close our eyes to go to sleep. Dreams are caused by the bodies natural production of DMT, which is a scheduled substance in the US and I'm pretty sure in most other countries as well. So, in reality, dreaming is simply a psychedelic trip similar to salvia. Whether or not it actually allows us to experience a different dimension or universe, which I personally doubt, is up for scientific debate.

13. That's just straight up trippy, my dreams are Exactly the same! haha

It's always my neighborhood that I live in, my middle school I went to ~8 years ago and this enormous forest that I have all kinds of crazy adventures in. There's always this giant house that me and a group of people end up getting to in the forest too. It's strange cause now that I think about it it's always in those 3 main places, including another giant swimming hole area but it's still kinda in the forest area so it's kinda included. haha

Why though? I think it's strange how so many people experience such alike experiences, even some of my friends I talk to have the same thing where it's like visiting a real alternate universe in their dreams..

&@ Bar, I've done this too many times as well. I'll have dreams where I see someone I used to goto school with and we'll talk and have all kinds of conversations and by the end of the dream I feel like I really got to deeply know this person. Then I wake up and realize it was all just a dream.. it makes me want to go find that person on facebook and ask if they had a dream with me in it the other night as well.. how trippy would that be? :smoke:

14. Add me to the list. lol. I have a few locations in my dreams that are like warped versions of their real life counterparts, and I revisit them frequently. I've also been to locations in my dreams that, for the life of me, I can't figure out where I got the ideas from. It's like my brain manifested them on its own (but surely it has to be drawing from some experience/ memory, right?).

I usually forget my dreams, but about a couple months ago I scored some weed that helped me remember everything I had dreamed, going back weeks. I also just picked up some Vinpocetine from the Vitamin Shoppe, which is supposed to improve memory/ brain function. People claim to remember their dreams vividly from this stuff. I'm going to take it for a while and get high, see what pops into my head. I swear THC is a gateway to far recesses of the mind. The human race would be so much more enlightened if we all smoked weed. :smoke:

15. #15 ParaBolTOOL, Dec 23, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2011
    I always thought that they might be a combination of memories from this life and what we were before this life, like residual images that we can only see in our deep subconscious where our brain chemistry doesn't get in the way of our ability to view it :confused: Thats if you believe in reincarnation, and so far I think its the most logical option, I don't believe in god and I can't fathom just being nothing after death, but I believe that our life energy just gets recycled like everything else in the universe. I like to believe we aren't confined to being male, female, human or even to this planet. Perhaps that sounds retarded but I think its exciting! :smoke:

My dreams also usually involve the most familiar places like my childhood neighborhood, school yard combined with places and cities i've never been to before and running with the same group of people, even though their faces aren't distinguishable I recognize them as always the same group. (I didn't get to leave my home town very often)

I also have a lot of violent dreams where Im stabbing someone and can actually feel it going into their bodies and hitting bone, I've been shot A LOT, like, I'll have a hole in my head and trying to complain to people about it, and they wont listen to me. One dream I got shot in the back several times and my grandma was trying to clean me off with a hose in the basement of my old house... Just to name a few. o_O I dream just about every night, sleeping is boring without them.

16. [quote name='"grandmastersmit"']

It's strange cause I've talked to people about this before too..

Every time I have a dream it's always in the same 'altered universe' as I always called it. It's the same town I live in, but altered in somewhat strange ways, but it's always altered in the same way each dream.. like if I wanted to I could draw out a detailed map of where my dreams take place and be able to use that same map everytime cause it's always the same.

When you see someone sleeping, they look just so lifeless and 'not there'. Completely unconscious, as if whatever the driving force behind that person has just left and is somewhere else entirely.

Have you ever had lucid dreams OP? You can become in full control of your dreams when you become aware you're dreaming, it's a crazy experience and is as clear and real feeling/looking/sounding/tasting as real reality. It's not that easy to get into that state of consciousness while dreaming though, it takes practice because otherwise you have a total mindfuck that you are free todo whatever you wish and that you're within a seemingly physical reality that is actually constructed entirely within your own mind :eek::smoke:[/quote]

I have had pretty lucid dreams, but never had control. On my forced t-breaks I had dreams that were so real, I ended up having trouble separating then from reality. Still do sometimes

17. I just woke up and had a dream my room was filled with marijuana plants.

That would be cool if it was real.

18. I feel this way all of the time. I recently began having lucid dreams that I can fully control and it is amazing. I had a dream wandering around through neverland and then I just took full control! I turned my boring dream left and I was like...wow I have power now. Anyway I rode a rollercoaster that I created that was Awesome! And then I saw the letter combo "LSD" EVERYWHERE. Kewl.