Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

am i allergic to pot?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Scorn500, Oct 7, 2008.

1. I have smoked pot for ruffly 12ish years, on april 19, 2005 i had an overdose no not pot, i was heavy into other drugs. i was on CCC blow and pot. i died twice on the ambulance ride to the hospital. before the incident i smoked i would have a great experience, good body buzz no worries, great cosmic thinking, the works! after the OD i smoke just a little and i feel a hard swelling pressure in my head my body temp sky rockets and my heart rate speeds up. i feel as if i am haveing that OD all over again. i still smoke usally just a hit or two from a bowl. could it be that im allergic or just low grade bud? i am not sure. not a question i can really ask a docter about tho. any input on this would be great!

one thought is the kind of high im getting, i think it may be the indica that cause's it so i am thinking i should just get a more stativa high insted. i dont know just a thought. any input would be great!

2. From the sound of things, you should stop smoking. High body temp is no joke...

3. i dont know man i think i just got high blood pressure. heart disease runs in the fam on both sides. but i tried to stop before. i just take a hit here and there. but if i try to smoke even half a bowl at one go i have to jump in the shower drink a ton of water and just keep moveing and the whole time i feel like im dieing.it sucks cause i gethigh alot easier now.

4. Well it doesn't seem like your highs are enjoyable, right? So I guess either stop, or keep trying.

5. If its getting bad, its time to slow down. I wouldn't say quit if that's not what you want, but monitor yourself and your reaction. But if you need to stop, then do it because no sense in killing the body to expand the mind.

6. You can ask your doctor. If you dont feel comfortable, go to a clinic. All information you give is confidential. Tell them your story and hopefully they can help you. Although, they will most likely tell you to just lay off the pot, they wont do anything to get you into trouble with anyone.

7. if i just take a hit or so it is a plesent high. not like it was back in the day but still good. and i think it depends on the weed too. im not sure. i just moved where i am now so its still hard to find good shit (farther north these people have no clue what good refer is all about) i did have some good beastys that a good friend broght up a while ago and i couldnt stop laughing, it had to be the best feeling i had in my life, to have a good high back :smoke:

so im thinking its the quality of bud. ill have to test that out, just didnt know if anyone heard of such a thing

8. Hopefully it's the quality of the bud. Good luck :)

9. Wait, I'm so lost. You say you've been smoking for 12+ years, but you're also saying that when you smoke you're getting too fucked up to enjoy it. After 12 years wouldn't you learn your lesson to stop smoking pot? Apparently you have some serious health risk that aren't worth doing drugs, especially Triple C's and Blow. Good god oh mighty man.

10. this is gonna seam off topic at first but i'll relate it. I once learned in one of my classes that if a person eats something they usually eat, say pizza, but then eat something else that is bad for them, say poison berries they didn't know were poison, and the person get really fucking sick the mind will automatically make the taste of pizza or berries bad to you and make your body react badly every time you eat it, even if it's just pizza. it's like the body says. this made me sick last time so i'm not gonna take the chance of it making me sick again. the same thing might be happening with you. your body reconizes that the last time you smoked you got really really sick so it's naturally trying to tell you to stop by giving you bad side effects.

if you wait a little while though. like a couple weeks or months and then slowly start back up it should get better.

11. thats sorta what i think, i think it may just be in my mind because i do have a lot of good highs and thats why i continue for those highs, i am not stupid with drugs anymore, although it may seem so. this may seem very contradicting, but i am a huge health freak i eat very clean and i excersise very religously i smoke not everyday a couple times a week sometimes everyday depends. some friends said that it may just be in my head and if thats the case my body will react that way, your mind if you beleive it enoughcan do anything in tis case i think i may be scareing myself. i just kinda wanted to throw that out there to see if anyone can relate or have an opinion and most of you have put forth really good ideas, for that i thank you!

12. You can talk to a doctor about anything. Its not like they snitch you out to the jakes or something.

13. some people asked about my experience of my OverDose if your interested in reading i will post a link up when i finish and find the aproprate forum.

14. the only thing i can think of is that becuase your body remembers dying while on the substance, its automatic reaction is trying to bring you back to life with excess heat. My friend od'ed on coke and painkillers, and now any heavy substance puts him right down bad. Those symptoms or whatever you wanna call them have some of the longest lasting after effects.

15. You've got an insane aversion to Marijuana. You're subconsiously scared shitless of it in other words. Aversion is quite common, and it involves assosciation of a sense with some negative aspect. An example would be this: You eat a lot of fried chicken on night, and the next morning, you puke your guts out. You try it again, and again, you puke your guts out the morning after. The next time you try to eat fried chicken, you can't, because you gag at the thought of it. Almost all of us have some sort of aversion to something. It's a modified example of Classical Conditioning: If you experience Event A, Followed by Event B, and then react with Reaction C, you will still react with Reaction C, even when only Event A is presented. In your case, you subconsiously assosciate Marijuana with that overdose, and so you have a panic attack as a reaction to Marijuana. Allergies have little or nothing to do with it, they involve an overreaction by the immune system to a non-threat. I'd still avoid Marijuana if I were you, though, because of the overwhelming negativity that occurs when you smoke it.

16. That was a really good reply, but it has gooten better over the years. dam its already been 3 years, dont ffel like lol. i did however get some 'desent' nug lastnight and smoke idk about 3 grams and i was blowed! it was a good high lastnight, it seemed to be a desent high with an appitite suppresser which i like. definitly a mix of Indica / sativa. the sativa kep jumping out of the indica, was a good expereince. anyway i like to deside what over powers what and determine taste and what not. the bud however was dried in cured too fast. a little harsh smoke, and it wasnt dried NEARLY enough, i smoked out of my bowl and the only part of the bud that lite was directly above the intake hole. i had to move it around waay to much. anyway just wanted to say that i did have a good high lastnight. this morning i am sooo tired and of course got a retarded feeling.

-Scorn

17. this is a good explaination...
    its the way your body is gunna work combined with the fact you cant get good bud probably.
    your body is now registering the pot as a very bad thing because youve gone into cardiac arrest while overdosing, your body is going to naturally want to repel the drugs that it now identifys as harmful.

i recommend def. seeing a doctor....the o/d could have fucked up your heart rate and blood pressure..
    and i reccomend being responsible and not getting addicted to drugs and o/d-ing..

try to be a functional member of society and dont give potheads a bad name..

stay healthy!:D

18. I see where your comeing from i am in the military and ship out for iraq in january, no need to fear me not being a FMOC im good to goo :D
    i have a better understanding i think of the problem,