Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Am I addicted?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by HIGHLO, Jan 18, 2012.

1. I've been smoking a lot lately. Pretty much staying high 24/7. This is a problem for me because I get REAL lazy. I don't want to do shit honestly, not even go out with my friends. I don't want to quit cold turkey either unless it's absolutely necessary. Instead of studying for my finals or doing my term papers, I put it off and smoke instead. I'm dry right now, but I'm already thinking of getting some more, which is why I made this thread. I never thought I would have this kind of problem.

How do you guys deal with responsibilities and weed?

2. maybe it's time for a t-break...? that usually helps me.

3. yeah, it's called being able to handle yourself... pretty sure everyone goes through having to make decisions. If you think it's messing up your life or making you unproductive then stop. But honestly it has more with self control and being able to get shit done when it needs to be. You're not "addicted" you just don't know how to handle yourself.

4. Just save it for the night when you don't got shit to do and during the day get that shit done. Keeps tolerance low and makes you not lazy all day.

5. use weed as a reward system. Work on your homework and treat yourself to a smoke after. Try to use some self control.

6. Never had the problem...

7. The two above posts are legit. I am just like you, I smoke all day everyday, wake n bake, before I sleep, and shit loads in between.

I think that's what I'm gonna do, my 2nd semester just started up, and I need to get a 4.0. Weed definitely was part of the reason I fucked up so hard last semester, I just need to learn to moderate. Going to smoke at night, and in the morning, that's it. No more in between tokage =O.

8. The two above posts are legit. I am just like you, I smoke all day everyday, wake n bake, before I sleep, and shit loads in between.

I think that's what I'm gonna do, my 2nd semester just started up, and I need to get a 4.0. Weed definitely was part of the reason I fucked up so hard last semester, I just need to learn to moderate. Going to smoke at night, and in the morning, that's it. No more in between tokage =O.

9. #9 Mr DudeMan, Jan 18, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2012
    I while ago i decided to only smoke up at night (7pm+) and it works great, i save weed and get my shit done during the day. Sometimes ill make an exception if i dont have much to do atall but .

To above poster i would suggest not toking up mornings and just evenings, i find it hard to smoke in the morning and leave it because i want to keep smoking, and could make you feel worn out losing a high.

10. there are stoners who are ignorant about the "Dangers" of weed, it's a safe drug as in it can't physically do too much harm, but mentally and emotionally, it will fuck with you.
    You may say their is no withdrawals, but I'd have to disagree. Since when is not being able to eat/sleep a minor WD symptom, its pretty hard core.

11. [quote name='"Mr DudeMan"']I while ago i decided to only smoke up at night (7pm+) and it works great, i save weed and get my shit done during the day. Sometimes ill make an exception if i dont have much to do atall but .

To above poster i would suggest not toking up mornings and just evenings, i find it hard to smoke in the morning and leave it because i want to keep smoking, and could make you feel worn out losing a high.[/QUOTE]

^agreed

12. It might be the weed or it may just be that you're using the weed to make up for something else. I know I smoked a shit ton this semester and my grades dropped because I didn't want to do shit. But that's because I was depressed.

You have to ask yourself which mental process you have:

1: Being sad [or whatever negative feeling] --> fuck this, I don't want to do work --> I'll smoke some weed

OR

2: I'll smoke some weed --> fuck this, I don't want to do work --> being sad (b/c your grades are shit)

I had process #1 where weed wasn't the problem. If you have process #2 then the weed is the problem

13. I make myself save it for when I'm done with homework or whatever...you get like 3 benefits from this:

1) You get the shit done you have to do.

2) You save money on weed because you aren't smoking it all the time.

3) Because you aren't smoking it all the time, when you do smoke, you:

a) Get higher
    b) Don't need as much weed to get high, meaning you
    c) Save more money that you can use to
    d) Buy more weed that you can then use to
    e) Go back to a).

:D

It's tough man, I know to just be like, shit, I have to stop this and get stuff done. But it's in your power. Weed's not physically addicting. You may enjoy it, and so yeah, who wouldn't want to be blazed instead of going to a boring class, but it's all about a balance. You'll enjoy life more while sober and being blazed more if you can find the balance that works best for you.

14. 1. Do your homework/studying right after school like I do.
    2. Smoke the rest of the day :p

Simple as that :p

15. this is the ticket to success! not only do you get all your shit done, but you get a good night's sleep too :smoke:

16. Don't smoke that much, it's not hard. Go out and get a job and stop spending your loan money or parent's money on weed. There is no worse fein than a weed feign, because a weed fein makes no FUCKING SENSE.

17. This man speaks wisdom, this helps a lot.