Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Am I addicted to weed?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by ToolMan1026, Feb 3, 2011.

1. My girlfriend said I'm addicted to weed. But I told her I smoke out of a bong so I can't be addicted. Right?

2. ad·dict·ed
    [uh-dik-tid]
    –adjective
    devoted or given up to a practice or habit or to something psychologically or physically habit-forming (usually fol. by to ): to be addicted to drugs.

do you fall into this descreption?

3. oh and smoking out of a bong makes no difference

4. I would say yes, but since you smoke out of a bong, that changes everything.

5. denying makes it worst. Your putting weed in that bong, your smoking weed. If you've given up your usual life to get high than yes, your addicted.

6. TS that movie is overrated.

7. I'm addicted, and i love it.. its harmless, just make sure you get ur shit done son...

8. I can't be the only one to be thinking troll right now..

If not, stop smoking step back and see if it was negatively affecting your life.

9. Really, No one got that he just [kinda] quoted pineapple express?.. I've been sober for too long. :mad:

10. I lol'd at people taking this seriously. Troll.

11. If you can quit for a long period of time with no trouble you should be fine.

12. is this a serious post? bong makes it not addicting?
    no your not addicted to weed
    weed is not addicting
    if you cant get through your day without being absolutely baked all the time and your life is falling apart then you could have a psychological addiction to marijuana,

13. Ha. What does ripping a bong have to do with getting addicted, it's the substance not tools used for consumption.

Like previously stated you most likely are "attatched" is the word I like to use, just make sure you get your shit done, meaning responsibilities etc....

14. Here's the way I look at it, it you had to stop for a week, or maybe a month, could you? If it's like "oh man, I couldn't live with out weed for more then a couple days", then you might want to be careful/ Addiction is when you NEED it, and once you stop smoking for a while, u realize u don't always need it. Though I like it xD So if your worried, stop for a week. You will realize weed only fills boredom. Or at least thats what I found out when I stopped for a while. I stopped because I had exams, so I wanted lots of time to study.

What you smoke out of makes no difference, but bongs filter more of the combustion products out, so it's better then a pipe or blunt. Vapes are the best, or the healthiest. I just bought a 100 dollar vape and cant wait for it to get here.

15. YOU USE A BONG!?!

Dude, your fucked. Hooked for life.

16. People still haven't got that it was a Pineapple Express reference...

17. Congrats on the 1,111th post :wave:

18. Thanks friend :smoke:

19. He seems to think that because he is not smoking blunts (you get addicted to the tobacco) he cant get addicted,

You can get addicted to anything that does not actually anything addicting in it. It has to do with your personality. People get addicted to food, sex, videogames.

Weed can form an addiction to the habit of getting high. No addiction properties in it like cigs tho.

20. Am I the only one who noticed that he says he uses a bong, yet through the entire course of the movie, he smokes joints? I don't think I saw him ripping a bong even once.