****Am I addicted to Pot???

Discussion in 'General' started by Mr. LaBonganeisha Jones, Jun 26, 2013.

1. #1 Mr. LaBonganeisha Jones, Jun 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2013
    I haven't smoked in about a month (since I knew I had jobs coming up).

I REALLY REALLY miss weed. 

It's kinda like the same feeling when you haven't seen a very very very dear friend in a long time or when you get something stolen from you and miss that item. I just really miss it and it's to the point where I can't stop thinking or talking about it. I've felt the best that i've ever felt when under the influence of it.

But if I was told that I was NEVER allowed to smoke weed anymore then I wouldn't go insane, I would just sigh and be like ugh, whatever..

Am I addicted?
    Am I in withdrawal?
    Am I in love?

2. No your not

3. Inb4 OP dies of marihuana overdose

4. If you have to ask. The answer is yes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. you aint addicted to weed boy, i think she just raped and your getting stockholme syndrome..

6. GAH!! It feels like somebody just ripped a chunk out of my heart...that's how it feels!!

7. It's possible; however, you just need self-control to overcome this alleged "addiction."

8. If you're talking about actual addiction, then no since you can go a month without it and because of your statement about not minding never smoking it again (if you're honest with yourself).

What you have is an attachment, which can lead to addiction. So, if you fear you might go down that path, I'd quit if I were you. Or, at the very least try to go as long as you can 'til you no longer miss it. But, the fact that you asked alone tells me there's a chance you'd go down the path of addiction if you're not careful. You do not want your life to be ruled by a substance of any kind, no matter how harmless it seems. You won't like yourself for it, your self-esteem will start fading, your job performance will decline and eventually depression will take over your life.

(Psychology student who has worked closely with an addict)

9. I think we all addicted...

10. watch out for those dangerous weed addicts

i heard they'll do anything for their fix of the lethal herb

11. Truth

12. All it takes is a single marijuana to get you hooked for life.

13. there's no going back

14. Nah you're not addicted, you just have a strong desire for it. You only really experience the withdrawals from weed in the first few days/week of not smoking after a prolonged period of smoking 24/'7

15. Do you think its addiction, or maybe that you just really like the feelings it gives you? You said it makes you feel the best you ever have while smoking it, so maybe its more that you just miss the feeling. 

How long have you been smoking? And on average how often? (excluding the month of not smoking obviously?)

If its been a constant for a good length of time it could just be you got so used to feeling good from it, and after not having those feelings for a while you and the subconscious in your brain want those good feelings. Its likely more just a simple psychological urge rather than addition. If you were addicted, being truly addicted, you would have feelings of withdrawal and some strong mood swings.  

16. Addiction? No its not addictive

Dependence is a different story

17. Also known as physiological addiction.

I don't know if you can really call it physiological..... It's not really affecting OP's body, more his conscious and subconscious. Psychological? 

19. Dude im in the same boat as you. Its been a couple months for me. I dont think your addicted, I think you just miss doing something you enjoy. Like playing videogames or listening to music. You can function normally without out and it isnt controlling your life. Your not addicted haha.

20. Yes sorry that's what I meant. It is addictive, but not more than say...sticking your head out the window lol. It's no intense addiction, you don't start sweating profusely, you don't turn into tweaking fiend. But the moral is it's addictive, i've had long discussions with other fellow stoners about it being addictive or not, and it just amazes me the delusion in some peoples heads..