Am I about to get ripped off?

Discussion in 'Concentrate Tools' started by Roll.Light.Enjoy, May 15, 2018.

1. Hey GC, this is my first post, mainly because I've come along this possible purchase. A friend of mine offered me take a few hits off his oil cartridge, and boy was I ripped! Since then I've always been interested in purchasing one. His dealer told me the price for one was $45. Me smoking bud my entire life ($10/gram over here), do you think this is a reasonable price for the cartridge? And if anyone knows, whats the cheapest battery model for one??.

2. U can get a battery charger online for like 10-20$ cartridges are 25-80$ all depends on brand and strain.
    Www.vapemood.com- battery/charger
    Www.leafly.com check the dispensary menu you’ll find what they have and price
    Cheap plastic cartridges have a lot of issues btw
    Cartridges go fast if u wanna save $ in the long run get dabbable oil and a puffco pen a gram of dabbable oil is anywhere from 15- 45 and last 2x linger in my opinion

3. If he’s buying for you I’d kick em down gas $ or get him ripped

4. I'm in the process of making my own, just got a gram to do a little trail run. Now of course this may change when actually done, but the price point I'm estimating is around $25 per unit based of what I've read so far, assuming you are filling temp carts like they do, you can get those carts for around $1.00 - $2.00 per.

I live in S.C., so I can't just walk down to the shop. My buddy got these and was able to let 'em go at $40 for me, he was paying $35, but that must have just been distribution testing the waters, because the price went to $60. And people are still buying them.

$45 would be straight for the 85%+ THC pens, considering convenience, or at least that's how the ones he had were labeled. I forget the company, but a honey comb pattern with a bee was printed on the cartridges tip.

Still, it's not going to be most economical approach I'm sure, and if it's legal where you are, I'd want that price to drop $10, though regardless, I'd just make my own I like experimenting, assuming in legal states concentrates aren't more than $200 1/4 ounce, and the flower isn't more than something around $250 an ounce.

But if it's not so legal, that's definitely a fair price, taking my area into consideration. Even if it were legal, I don't know, the ones I got did have pretty good presentation, so, I suppose for the convenience and quality, I could justify the $45. Not to mention, not everyone likes making things and businesses have to make money.

Of course, I'd suggest what CBDBurner is speaking of. That would be a more economical approach if you have access to concentrates.

I can get 1 gram for something around $35 - $45 here, granted that's for crumble and shatter, not rosin or distillate that shits like something around $80 a gram, and for that price I could justify making it, or at least trying to. And the .5 ml vape pens are going to be something around .5 - .6 grams of concentrate. +/- depending what they are using, ratio, etc.

Of course you can't take everything I'm saying as some absolute truth, this is just my experience, opinion, and information I've read, I've only just now started venturing into this territory. And history has shown me, I ain't always right lol

5. Need more dispensaries to drive the price down and incourage competitive marketing.