Am I a worry wort, or is something actually wrong?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by JDRoX665, Jun 19, 2012.

1. Hey guys, JD here. So today, I went to check on my plants to find that the soil was completely dry. When I went to water them, one of the leafs had fallen off, and the plant completely loosened in the dirt, almost to the point if it were very top heavy would have fallen out of the pot. I can't seem to compact the soil around it. The other plants are starting to show signs of wilting ( curled tips, droop and loss of color ) Not really sure what I am doing wrong.

I suppose though through trial and error if these plants don't make it I can prepare a better environment for future grows.

Should I just give it time? Could my plug in heater be affecting the plants?

2. A picture is worth a thousand words

3. Well I turned the lights off, so i have to wait untill tomorrow to take pictures, hopefully they perk up a little more.

4. It's really hard to diagnose with just a description. Could be many things

5. I'm really high so this will probably go on and on - sorry - feel free to ignore.

Assuming this is the same grow ? - Probably better to keep all your stuff in one thread, that way people can read your history with the plants, see pics, etc, which all helps you get better answers. Many people opening this thread won't know about your other thread and will have much more limited information to go on.

Having clones just put in soil a few days ago, they are just starting to build up their root network and get anchored in the ground. They will be a touch fragile for a bit so go gentle on them when watering. Nice and slow, don't let the water pool up or move around the soil too much. You can add some more soil in the pots around the stem to give some more support, but again be gentle.

Your other question is too broad and is based on too many variables for anyone to give a quality answer, yet.

Miracle Grow has a poor reputation on forums for growing cannabis. I would recommend at least doing research into other options.

What is the temperature of the environment? Why are you using a heater and where/what kind is it?

How big is the space they are in? Like - what is the size of the nearest enclosure, whether it's a closet, or a whole room....? Depending on this, they may be starving a bit for CO2? In which case you would need an exhaust fan to get stale air out and let fresh air in.

How much total light do you have? Based on your picture, more light is going to help a lot. Your light is quite far away for a CFL - the plant may stretch toward it and become sparse and wobbly. I would suggest more light, closer, but keeping an eye on the temperature - at plant level. Ideally temperature should be kept a bit under 80F.

You should look in pH gear. Keeping and eye on pH will go a long way to a much more successful harvest. Investing in more light, then quality nutrients, then pH gear will return best results for the dollar IMO.

cheers

6. #6 JDRoX665, Jun 19, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2012
    Thank you for your feed back, it is a small circular space heater. I have no C02 but I leave the window open? ( lmao not sure if that even answers the question) The temperature was hot and dry. I have one Florescent light approx 15 inches long, wattage and lumens are probably low for the fact I can leave the light on for an 18 hour period and touch it when I turn the light off.

I definitely need/want more gear to grow. This I know. I have short funds, though later on in the month I should be able to afford some decent lights and small necessities.

Also, thank you for the tip about threads. It will make it easier on me.

7. Yep - open window deffo answers it - that is your CO2 source and it's keeping your plant alive. :D

Grab a thermometer, I'm sure you can find one for free somewhere. In an indoor grow, info=yield. As you are able to monitor and adjust more things like temperature, airflow, pH, you will get better results. For now simple is fine. Definitely add more light as your first priority, as you're able to. CFLs can be added just a few bucks at a time, maybe you can budget a fixture and a bulb a week. Look for ones marked for a color temperature of 5000K. For your 3 plants you probably want to get up at least to 200W of CFL. (They come in like, 9W, 23W, 105W... and add up as you add more....you know this....)

most of all have fun! :hello:

8. What are CFLs?

9. [​IMG]

10. Ohhh, okay I have some of those!!! Yay! lol

Status update: I'm sorry for even creating this thread. The top leaves are very healthy, it is the bottom leaves that were changing dramatically. I was just a worry wort, but thank you for your guy's feed back. I really appreciate it.