Am I a sad drunk or should I give it another shot?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Revolution, Jul 19, 2008.

1. So today I got drunk for the first time. Hooray! I never liked the taste of alcohol so I never had more than a few sips, but today I took a number of shots. It was me and my boyfriend who drank together. It was quite nice at first. I just picked up a new Xbox 360 headset and we stopped at a local headshop. Things were fine. I came home to find my brand new headset didn't work. Now my headset is usually the only way I communicate with my boyfriend when he's away. And this one didn't work. So I called him up to tell him we wouldn't be able to talk on Live. I was drunk, pissed, frustraited. I started to cry a little on the phone. Great. Now my first drunk experience and I end up crying over something stupid. Anyways, tears aside, later on I find out my headset works.... I just have to set it on "off" for it to work. 0.o

My boyfriend really doesn't want to get me drunk anytime soon again. I'm kind of... eh.... about it. Am I really the sad emotional drunk or did I just have a bad day? Now the only time I'll ever get to drink is when I'm with him. So I guess I won't really know for a while.

I guess it's just me and Mary Jane for the time being.
    And I'm cool with that.

2. im not to much of an alcohol man myself, but it seems like it depends on your personalty when your sober and possibly under the influence of other drugs

so whats your normal personalty like, are you normally a little sad negative maby?

how about wen u take other substances

its possible alcohol could just have that effect on you, or ya coulda just been a bad day.chain of events

only one real way to find out

try again
    :)

3. everybody is a little more in touch with their feelings. but yeah, Id say just try it again. and it's not very much fun to do alone either (still fun, but it's really a social drug)

4. I'm actually really easy going in real life. It takes a LOT to shake me. I don't get mad easily or emotional. That's what scares me. I cried over something stupid easily when I was drunk.

My boyfriend is a social drinker and I'd love to share some drinks with him. But if I get like this then... forget it.

5. when you go out just only have 1 or 2 drinks throughout the night so you dont get blasted. But yea id give liquor another shot

6. I talked to him about it. We're going to give it one more shot. If I find I'm emotional, then fuck it. Alcohol isn't worh it. If not, then I'll continue to be the social drinker and not get shit-faced drunk. =]

7. Yeah don't worry about drinking, I don't like to I seem to tell people things they shouldn't know when I'm drunk. Bad times

8. I mean, it is fun to get drunk once and a while, but you know what they say... Cannabis is the healing of the nation, alcohol is the destruction.

9. a lot of women end up crying after they drink. i don't know why.....

10. I'm a big drinker. I find that, like LSD, your drunk, or trip, all depends on the moods you start feeling going into it or while on it. Just think of good shit, never think of anything bad. However, my gf does only seem to find the bad things about life when shes drinking too though, thankfully she doesn't cry. I say give it another shot.

11. Very simple... Being drunk brings out your emotions. If your in a good mood you will feel like the happiest drunk alive, if you are pissed you will be filled with rage and do what ever it is you do to relieve stress. For you i guess its crying :rolleyes:

12. 5 to one is correct in my opinion, and also you prolly felt empty and wanted another drink... subconciously of course. Do it socially at a party or a bar u will have more fun :)

13. You're probably fine.

You know girls and hormones.......

Alcohol can have some weird effects during different stages of ovulation.

Or try a different type of alcohol.

14. at least it doesnt make you a whore.

(im not trying to be mean. . .)

there is just those people that cant handle booze, you know. .
    i dont think your one of them. .

your just one of those. . dont drink alone type of people.
    (be glad for that!!)

15. It's true...

I've found the real you comes out when you drink. There may have been another problem...

I drink every night ( Beach house, and everyone cept me is 21...), and I've found I'm a sloppy drunk. I drink in huge excess every time.

The stairs? Yeh those don't work out for me too well, lol. But I've found my limits. If you put a pong table or flip cup in front of me, I'll drain shit all night, but I'll be damned if I can stand straight...

16. I went out the next day and took a few more shots. No crying. I had a good time.

But still, being high >>>>>> being drunk. It's not that I dislike alcohol, it's just I love Mary much much more!

17. if your not a huge fan of alcohol than dont do it..

"dont drink to get drunk, drink socially"

18. Alchohol is literally in the chemical category of depressants. Depressing the body itself and personal inhibitions while weed heightens inhibitions. This is why from time to time you run into someone who claims smoking and drinking seem to make them feel more sober than only doing one at a time. It's not a depressant in every sense of the word though - It's easier to have fun if you're having fun but it's also easier to allow emotions to rise. Take it from my personal experience that alcohol is twice as much a social drug as marijuana. I've gotten drunk alone plenty of times however, such as say.. right now. And I manage to have fun. But I'm also one to know exactly what i'm putting into my body down to chemical formulas and effected brain receptors.

19. try beer instead of hard stuff

or

do mix drinks and dont drink a lot ( I Suggest captin and coke )

20. I think that you should definitely give "hardcore" drinking another shot, and here's why:

You said that the headset was the only way you could communicate with your boyfriend while he's away. You also needed to pick up a new headset, so that probably means you had difficulty talking with him already (hence why you went out to get a new one). So you miss him, you may have already been unable to talk to him like you wanted, and now it looked like you weren't going to be able to talk to him again.

That's a lot of negative emotion. Alcohol, being a depressant, will pick up all that negative emotion and bring it to the surface. If the negativity wasn't there to begin with (say your boyfriend was in town and you were out with him), then the alcohol wouldn't be dragging it up and you'd probably have a completely different experience.

Give it another try, but be sure you do it at a time when you don't have a day or two of negativity hanging over you.