Am I a racist?

Discussion in 'General' started by scotiasmoker92, Jan 20, 2014.

1. #21 Synyster Jesus, Jan 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2014
    No you're not racist. Political correctness is just stupid. Words are words, without the intent to be offensive it shouldn't matter. I feel the same way about other "sensitive" terms.

I'd also like to add that I've often found that the people so uptight about PC are the most racist/homophobic of all. Irony.

2. #22 Bamboobam, Jan 20, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2014
    I'm a black person and I don't think you are a racist at all. I think the term black and white is sufficient enough b/c it is the color of the skin. Many different kinds of white people of different shades and many different kinds of black people of different shades. I believe that "African-American" can't relate to every black American because some don't even represent "Africa" or have African blood within them. You have plenty of blacks from the Caribbean and other islands as such. I think the main reason why "African-American" stayed within the U.S. is because of the fact that blacks were in slavery and the majority of them came from Africa. Sadly, I don't even know my ancestry and where I came from for this reason. It's pretty sad, but I am hoping that one day I will know where my roots truly came from.

3. Black is fine. People cannot realistically expect you to know every little origin. That is their job to offer up. Now, If somebody was born in America, then American should proceed all nationalities. If you are discussing heritage and the such fine, but if you were born here, you are American first and fore-most and you cannot spin that no matter what words you try.

4. So petty.... So pointless....

5. Black people aren't even black... they're brown.sent from underneath my balls

6. #26 The Bully, Jan 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2014
    Political correctness is stupid man. I've done a lot of thinking about this and well basically what Capt Soydog said.

How the fuck is an American man with dark skin, black if you will, who has never set foot in Africa. Whose mother and father are both American citizens, how the fuck are you gonna call him 'African-American'.

It's bullshit man.

7. Its funny that he only got upset at not calling a black person afro-whatever. If he wasnt a hypocrite, he would of gotten just as upset at you not saying european caucasian, or north american caucasian, when describing white people.

8. I've started going with dark skin and light skin, that's all.  feels alot more correct than saying black

9. Its not racist. Im black and call people black and white  :confused_2:  I think he needs to chill, but some people are more bothered what you refer to them as. As usual it all boils down to the person. Being called "black" is nowhere near a derogatory term to me. 

10. If someone told me that was racist I would tell then to quit being a sensitive pussy. Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

11. First things first, he's a piece of shit for reporting that to a boss. He tried to get you FIRED because he didn't agree with you. Get some dirt on him and report him back. There is nothing racist about saying black or white. Racism is discriminating against a certain group. You have done no such thing. 

12. Sounds like a trendy.
    Nah, you're not racist. I believe the politically correct term is negro, or at least back in my dads day...

13. I remember a black English guy telling me that he thought the term 'Afro-Caribbean' was fucking stupid as it sounded like a type of haircut. 

14. I know a few people that do look black.

15. Lol just an update me and this guy were in my boss's office after he told my boss what I said, my boss breaks down laughing and told him in no way or form was I racist and that he needs to chill out, he did have a quiet word with me just saying it's a touchy subject and shouldn't be discussed in work which I agree with I was at fault for entering into it in the first place. Feels good knowing that little bitch got laughed out the place. Thanks for all your contributions dudes/dudettes lol. Sent from my LT30p using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. [quote name="Bamboobam" post="19379794" timestamp="1390313222"]I know a few people that do look black.[/quote]Coffee 'looks' black too... but it's a rich dark brown.Brown people unite!!sent from underneath my balls

17. I don't understand why some people get so hurt about this shit lol. HOW on EARTH would i know your decent prior to knowing a person? I would examine and see that his/her skin tone is white, black, brown, etc. People get more pissed off sometimes when you ask for their decent so I say fuck politicallly correct bullshit :D

18. Honestly i think calling someone a racist, entails you're a racist.'Race' implies we are different somehow if our skin is a different color.There is only ONE race... the HUMAN race.We are all God's children and one day... white brothers and brown brothers will all stand against Satan's mighty demon army and we will all march toward victory.Too long have we let this evil spawn take'root in this world.STAND UP, BLIND THE EYE!sent from underneath my balls

Actually you can find that out now.   There are organizations that perform DNA tests to help you find your origins.  I used to watch a show called Finding Your Roots that was hosted by Henry Louis Gates Jr.  (the same guy that sat down with Obama and the cop that arrested him for a beer).  On the show they do DNA tests of celebrities and reveal the results each episode.  I loved that show.  Anyway, they used to advertise DNA kits that you can order.  You just seal up a DNA sample taken from your cheek and send it back to them and you will have the results in a week or two.  

I did it and was amazed.    Maybe you should give it a try?   

http://www.pbs.org/wnet/finding-your-roots/resources/