Am i a dick?

Discussion in 'General' started by nst, Apr 7, 2008.

1. So on friday I'm at this cabin party.. prob 150 ppl outside around a 10ft fire and another 50 inside.. I'm outside killing beers with 3 of my good friends at the time. We are all just kinda talking having a good time when i look over my shoulder and make eye contact with some kid.. He kinda tilts his head and squints at me.. I'm like okay and turn back to my friends.. 2 mins later this kid comes up and taps me on the shoulder. I turn around and this goes down.

Me: whats up bud
    Kid: yer want violence or silence
    Me: Huh (couldn't understand him, he was piss drunk)
    Kid: Yer disrespectin dis girl? (looks at one of the friends im talking to)
    Her: what are you talking about hahaha
    Me: Nah man everythings good.. just go back over there.
    Kid: Hold ma drink this guy wanna dance!

He then sets his drink on the ground after he was turned down by 3 ppl to hold it and proceeds to grab my shirt. This guy prob had 2 years on me, but i was bigger then him (6'1 180, he was prob 5'10 165ish?), but the kid was piss drunk and couldnt even stand up. It wouldn't even be a fight if we did fight. It would be me 1 punching him. And thats exacly what it was.

I take his hand off my shirt and was like "Yah bud don't do that." Then he takes a swing at me and misses by a good foot. At this point everyone is watching and laughing at the kid (me included). Then when i look over at my friend and laugh with him, i get clipped in the jaw. At this point I just lost it, took a couple steps forward towards him and just cracked him. Kid dropped like a ton of bricks. Ill give him props thought for how drunk he was and how hard I hit him he got up pretty quick. But he just walked away.

So was this a dick move of me to hit him back? Its not like his punch affected me at all he was throwing feathers. Turns out this kid does ufc training lol. I saw him about 2 hours later and his face was all swollen and shit. I don't know if that was from me though causeI heard he got in a few more fights later on in the night.

2. the kid sounds like an idiot, that goes around looking for a fight. he deserved what he got. you didn't do anything wrong haha. HE punched YOU first, for no reason...

3. no you weren't a dick, it's a good thing he didn't die though. I've read of guys dying from one punch when they hit their heads on the ground going down. Next thing the other guy who didn't even want to fight is up on manslaughter charges. :(

4. word. you gave him warning, so you did nothing wrong. Im not one for violence but that situation is legit.

5. Dude you're not a dick at all. You handled the situation very well and tried to avoid a confrontation. More than most people would have done. Drunk or not, he was comming after you.

6. Nah bro, good job for crackin him

7. Whoever swings first gets hit first.

8. Fuck that guy. He deserved it.

9. ditto, you were nice about the situation

10. You weren't a dick, you handled the situation exactly right. Maybe hit him one more time for good measure though...

11. I've never gotten the chance to throw a really good punch to someone's face

That's one thing I want to do before I die

12. You gotta be carefule to make sure nothing happens to the kid cause if you were to have seriously hurt him you could have been in trouble. But you didn't do anything wrong. The kid wanted a fight, punches get thrown during fights and he got one. Not your fault he wanted a fight in the first place.

13. How is that being a dick????? I probably would have pissed in his face when he was on the ground. That would have been a dick move lol.

14. In no way were you a dick, that guy swung first, even after you tried to diffuse the situation.He got what was coming to him, and as far has him training in UFC, pfffftt, its the ones that act all hardcore and shit that will wind up getting the crap beaten out of them.

Just my two cents.

15. 1 thing i was always taught was to never take ur eye off the enemy, just some advice is all. but nah, the kid had it coming to him prolly. he was prolly tryin to show off or something. props on not goin after him tho, that takes more self control. if u were really a dick, u woulda kick him in the face as he was settin his drink down

16. I probably would of knocked his ass out a lot sooner than you did I cant stand people trying to act tough when there isnt shit wrong with what you are doing.

17. im going out on a limb and saying your a dick,,,,

this thread has nothing to do with my judgement,,, just because you sound like a guy,,,

and to some girl out there is thinkin your a dick,,,so yeah yur a dick,,:p

18. Yah I play pretty competitive hockey so its not like fighting is new to me. I just don't feel right hitting someone in that condition. He couldn't even talk..

19. Wow.... You're a complete douche bag for hitting that kid.. You should of just let him keep swinging on your and done absolutely nothing and looked around dumbfounded.... :rolleyes:

Come on now, most people would of whopped the shit outa that drunk kid... Definitely not stopped with one punch.

20. Talk shit, get hit.