Always thinking about this before I complain

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Typical Toker, Jan 17, 2012.

1. [​IMG]

Might print this off and put it in my room for reminder. I catch myself wanting to complain a lot.

2. #2 Boats And Hoes, Jan 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2012
    A wise person once said, "A man complained about having no shoes until he met a man with no foot"... shit really makes u think.

3. [quote name='"Boats And Hoes"']A wise person once said, "A man complained about having no shoes until he met a man with no foot"... shit really makes u think.[/quote]

yeap, hopefully one day america (and the world) will realize we give value to nothing to increase our social status. Right now we fend amongst eachother.. but if us as a whole race had a status, we'd be suckin a fat one. The day we focus onthat status is the day humanity finds its way...

damn

4. It's good not to complain. But you don't need someone else to have it worse than you to not complain. Even that little black boy could be happy if he wanted to... I'm sure he'd enjoy playing a game with someone. Or even if you are in the worst physical/mental/ social state imaginable... you can still be unaffected and at peace in your heart.

5. I'm talking about the little things that get to me. I'm happy 24/7. But there's always those moments where I'm disappointed by a girl, a friend, or even a family member and I always wanna go rant to someone about it, or get angry at someone. But I always try not to as I know I'd have it good without everything around me.. I'm just happy to be alive.

6. To the OP:

Do you actually believe that you have it better than those you view as less fortunate? Yes, they might not live as affluently as you are but then again they're not living to pay off the debt of things they don't need, bought to put some fulfillment into their otherwise empty lives. Let me ask you, have you ever seen these kids smiling? They are free of the emotional shields we wear on a daily basis, these people smile from the soul. They're living as we're meant to live; free from big corporation control.

ThAt kid in the pic doesn't even look sad to me. He looks like he's having fun.

7. Why are people trying to debate this..

8. I'm just saying that who's to say that they are not happy starving to death and living in ... whatever they live.

Name calling aside. We are so stressed by debt and keeping up with the Jonses' that their indignent existence looks like heaven.

PS. For a perpetually positive person you are really stubborn with your views.

9. #9 ParaBolTOOL, Jan 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2012
    All I know, is there are regions of the world people werent intended to live in. Its not that kids fault he was born where theres no agriculture and resources, but its the stubborness of the generations before him that chose not to migrate like all other animals do when their food sources and water run dry. Not to mention they still reproduce to force that life on their children. Our societal ideals of quality are far different, but I dont think that they are petty just because we're not starving and homeless. We understand your compassion, but we also need to enjoy and take advantage of the opportunities we have before us. Complaining about various things is neccessary in our way of life, its stressfull and we all need to vent for the sake of our sanity! :smoke: (since they try to take away our weed)

Just like what lonely stonr said, most Americans wished they could revert back to the hunter scavenger lifestyle to be free of banks, corporate giants, politics and other social limitations and restrictions on personal freedom and pleasure. Just to live free and happy and only have to concern oneself with survival and their families is my ideal lifestyle to. I just wouldnt do it in Africa haha!

10. Would definitely love this, good points :)

11. I didn't eat last week either, and I still look like a fatty foopah. Fml.

12. lol that's fucked up to say that kid looks like he is having fun..lmao. That kid looks like he is trying to remember what food even looks like xD

All bull shitting aside, I've always been a pretty well off american, and I too would like nothing more then for america to go back to a simple life style in a green world, but a sophisticated one. How dope would that be go out huntin dinner beat the fuck outta some bear, go home post that shit on youtube and go smoke it off like a boss.

13. pretty fucking awesome. I would've loved to live in the early 1800's (cowboy's times and whatnot) or when people were still discovering parts of America, all wilderness, before the railroads were built and what not.