Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

always have negative side effects when smoking :(

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by EdibleSubstance, May 11, 2012.

1. I have been smoking for about 2 years now. At first it was great and i never had any problems with it. It would always be an enjoyable experience.

In the last year or so though I have been experiencing some negative side effects almost every time I smoke. Have tried many strains and different methods of smoking, all with the same results. I become super paranoid and make up crazy scenarios in my head, my heart beats very fast, I get very cold, and my legs often shake. In my mind I keep telling myself its only because I'm high but thinking about it just makes it worse. NOT thinking about it isn't an option because I just can't simple do that when I'm high. I end up feeling so cold that I need to heavily bundle up (hoodie and a thick blanket) to get warm. Usually the shaking subsides when I warm myself up as well. Although I don't think the shaking has to do with me being cold because sometimes one effect happens and the other doesn't. I always get the fast heartbeat though and I usually end up stopping smoking because I get scared that any more might make me have a heart attack or something haha. Also when I eat or drink when high I get this feeling in my throat and it makes me constantly want to clear my throat. I often swallow a lot because my mind tricks me into feeling like I may throw up or something. It often turns me off from eating or drinking when high and I just endure super cotton mouth. I also feel like I have to pee more often while high.

I'm wondering if I have something wrong with me and the weed agrivates it or something. Its almost like my body goes into super hyper active mode but with me getting cold instead of hot and my energy gets sapped. I get ultra tired after the high comes down too... any thoughts?

2. your getting too high for your tolerance, take a lot less and over a slower period of time(one hit every 5-10 min or so) and get to the point where your comfortable, eat some sugary food and drink water should help with the coldness, drinking water after your hits will help the throat feeling, its all just getting used to it. a lot of ppl on here smoke their hearts out and have waaayyy bigger of a tolerance than you, so dont go smoking 2 bowls to your dome, take a few hits and chill brotha :D

3. While I can't say specifically what to do about your problem, I have had similar effects. When I rip a gravity bong my heart beat sky rockets, it's almost scary. But I know it's just the THC kicking in and in a few minutes I am blazed. I have had the "shakes" and I never found out why or how to stop them. Even if it was 80 degrees out and a soft wind came I would get the shivers and then the full blown shakes, when it's fucking 80 degrees out! I always felt weird about that... Imagine having to explain to your friends why you are cold when it's 80 degrees outside lol.

4. most people would be glad to have what youre having lol

the other night i posted my hands were vibrating, not tingling....

5. Just sounds like you are smoking too much, and the whole thing about you being extremely tired, that's one of the effects of weed bruh.

6. Thanks for the replies :D

I'm just a little confused as to why my tolerance has decreased then since the first year i never had any of these problems really. Just one day all of a sudden this started to happen and it stuck.

Tonight i will just smoke less and at a slower rate and i will get back with my results haha. Thanks again!

7. if you get negative effects even after reducing the amount of that which u smoke, then you shouldnt keep doing something thats unpleasant

8. That is true... although regardless of the negatives I do still enjoy it. Playing Mario Kart with my bros while smoking has been some of the most fun I have ever had. The side effects I get just put a damper on the experience.

9. Nobody has ever died from just weed so don't worry about heart attacks. As for the paranoia and stuff, try different smoking methods. If you hit bongs, try a vape. The high is a less confusing one.

10. your welcome?