Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Always can smell weed on my dad but he wont admit. Help??

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by EvilEyes, May 13, 2011.

1. Give him a dollar

2. He's a closet smoker, let him be.

3. Burn the house down and say u found his stash

4. #44 buylow8863, May 24, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2011
    Welllll, I can offer you this.

I have two children aged 21+ and am happy to say I get to vape or burn a bowl with regularly. This did not come without ALOT of hesitancy and anxiety. They were not allowed until 18+, and I did my best to be vigilant to see to it that they did not partake of mj, booze, or cigs while in high school. My last child is 17 and has one more year of high school. She is not allowed mj, booze, cigs, etc. either.

You have to realize you are smack in the middle of a transition period, as it pertains to your relationship with your father. If you are absolutely 100% sure your dad smokes mj, (you actually found evidence), then I will bet a trillion or three your dad would be relieved if you approached him about mj.

That being said... disclaimer time lol

Your dad WILL be receptive (unless he's a total douche), IF he sees evidence of YOU conducting yourself with a mature and responsible attitude. This spills over into all aspects of your life, not just whether or not you smoke mj.

For sure you are wanting to get over this hurdle and I can't tell you how much I enjoy getting a buzz on with my legal aged children and discussing whatever. It makes me very proud to hear their views of the world. It makes me feel like I did a halfway decent job of raising them all.

Conclusion: Patience, dude. It will eventually happen and it will be sooo beneficial to your relationship with your father. While you wait, don't be too harsh on the old man, he's probably doing what he thinks is the right thing. Blame the "war on drugs", not your father. He has to live in fear of prosecution in order to smoke mj, and this fear, unfortunately, is what drives most of this type of parent-child relationship.

guessing you don't have older siblings? The first one is the most difficult to come to grips with regarding mj, at least it was for me.

Hope this helps,

buy

5. Are u saying legal age referring to marijuana?

6. I wasn't aware there WAS a legal age for mj....

I was referring to most other things legal, voting, tobacco, etc.

7. #47 arblahblah, May 24, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    That was my point.. There is no legal age. I thought that's what u meant