Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Aluminum

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by beezil97, Apr 21, 2011.

1. For the younger stoners out there that want to know if smoking out of aluminum is safe. The average bic light gets to 1977 degrees celcuis. The vapotization point of aluminum is 2372 degrees celcuis. I'm assuming that means you guys are good. I'm sorry this is a pointless thread.

2. Pls go bro

3. eh, still, no
    thank you
    though

4. ill keep my glass...

5. Yes. Thank you for spreading the word that it isn't unsafe. Aluminum gets way more hate than it deserves. Anyway, the link between Alzheimer's and aluminum hasn't been positively proven in the first place. I do still prefer the feel of glass though, but we all have to be crafty sometimes.

Alzheimer's Society:
    "There is circumstantial evidence linking this metal with Alzheimer's disease, but no causal relationship has yet been proved. As evidence for other causes continues to grow, a possible link with aluminium seems increasingly unlikely."

6. As far as aluminium goes I wud say milled is fine, but say no to tin foil

7. idc what temp it vaporizes at...once when i was 14-15 i had to craft a pipe out of foil (no piece...no one to sell us wraps/papers)...it was shitty...put the mj in...smoked it...

TASTED LIKE ASS...which is obviously due to the foil as i had smoked some of that same bud earlier in a j...

so yeah...and besides it cant be GOOD for you even if its not proven to be bad..i mean think about it..we're talking about smoking off of foil...glass is wayy better...

8. Yeah a bic lighter doesnt come close to those temperatures to vaporise the aluminum.

9. yeah you can smoke it you wont die or anything but you look like a 7th grader.

10. And when that aluminum, which may not produce vapor without the aid of cannabinoids and glandular material, is charred and riddled with holes at the end of a bowl pack or two, where do you think that harmful metal debris winds up?

On another similar note, if you put a small smear of tomato sauce in foil, and put it in the fridge or even the freezer, in about twenty-four hours the foil is black and disintegrating. The fridge, I'm sure you've guessed, gets no where near '2372' degrees f. It also doesn't come close to 659 c, which is the melting point of aluminum. However, your lighter sure does, and by more than double...

You should never rely that a certain temperature is 'safe' when it comes to readily inhaling aluminum foil, but especially not when in conjunction with other substances, which can interact with, and alter the rate of chemical reaction.

Oral toxicity (swallowing and digestion) is low, where it has an easy 'exit' point. But that's not the case, where your lungs are concerned.

If you can afford your stash? You can afford an alternative to foil. ;)