Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Aluminum

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by TheBaffledKing, Apr 7, 2012.

1. This may have already been talked about on this forum, but I think it bears repeating.

People seem to be terrified of Aluminum because it's rumored to cause Alzheimer's. "Rumored," being the key word.

Solid info on the topic:
    http://www.alzheimers.org.uk/site/scripts/documents_info.php?documentID=99

Now, for sure you still want to be careful. Change out your aluminum parts often, just as you would clean a pipe or bong, and stick with lighters and matches so you don't melt the aluminum - No torches. And be sure to use clean aluminum. Soda cans are probably not a good idea because of the paints, but fresh foil is fine. You're not getting any more aluminum than you would from drinking a can of beer. That sounds stupid, but seriously.

You'd be surprised how many widespread health scares are hoaxes. All it takes is one person to suggest it and things can get out of hand pretty quickly.

2. You can't really trust anyone in today's world lol

3. PubMed good enough for you, hon? They are NOT a "rumor mill"!

Locomotor activity and learning and memory abilities in Alzheimer's disease induced by Aluminum in an acid environment in Zebrafish [Locomotor activity and learning and memory... [Dongwuxue Yanjiu. 2012] - PubMed - NCBI

Aluminum Disruption of Calcium Homeostasis and Signal Transduction Resembles Change that Occurs in Aging and Alzheimer's Disease. Aluminum Disruption of Calcium Homeostasis ... [J Alzheimers Dis. 2012] - PubMed - NCBI

Neurobehavioral toxic effects of perinatal oral exposure to aluminum on the developmental motor reflexes, learning, memory and brain neurotransmitters of mice offspring. Neurobehavioral toxic effects of per... [Pharmacol Biochem Behav. 2012] - PubMed - NCBI

Towards the prevention of potential aluminum toxic effects and an effective treatment for Alzheimer's disease. Towards the prevention of potential aluminum... [J Inorg Biochem. 2011] - PubMed - NCBI

Hepatic (liver) response to aluminum toxicity: dyslipidemia and liver diseases. Hepatic response to aluminum toxicity: dyslipid... [Exp Cell Res. 2011] - PubMed - NCBI

Those are just SOME of the first 20 articles from PubMed on the subject of "Aluminum Alzheimer's". :eek:

I don't use aluminum bowls! And I think you can see why by now!

Granny :wave:

4. I may or may not have used both an aluminum pipe and a can pipe yesterday. Lol

I already knew about this topic from previous research at the start of my stoner days. But hey, I was at work, and it was the best I could do. Not like I was going to stay sober and monitor a pool for 8 hours...