Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

aluminum toxic?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by genieadventures, Mar 18, 2003.

1. Ok ive been reading in a few posts that smoking out of aluminum can lead to health problems down the road. Is there any truth to this, because my acrylic bong has an aluminum bowl that I have been smoking out of for 3 years, shit you'd think they would have not built it like that if smoking thru aluminum was bad for you. i hope i dont keel over and die one of these days

2. I'm not 100% on this, so you gotta wait for the real aluminum authority, namron.

But I think as long as it's not a tinfoil/soda can type of aluminum, and an actual, manufactured bowl, I think you are okay. Do the hits taste like metal at all?

3. lol, if you really read the posts, you could conclude that it isnt so smart to smoke out of aluminium all the live long day. there were a lot of facts posted in (*a lot* of *all) the aluminium threads...if you didnt quite get it all, search it on the site. you can pretty much come to your own conclusions with what everyone has to say about it. the factual stuff is pretty insightful too.

4. yeah an actual aluminum bowl is much safer but i wouldn't trust it personally, alot of the aluminum info is new and most weren't aware of it five years ago when your bong was made. i would go buy a glass slide for it, they are nicer anyway.

5. I was speaking in foil.

bowls are anodized aluminum, like say, the way they make skillets. so unless theres some big secret lie about anodized aluminum, the bowls you buy are ok.

6. aluminum foil bowls suck im so glad i have a real glass one now and dont have to stoop down to the level of making my own bowl! what a pain in the ass and then its not even good for you