aluminum foil...

Discussion in 'Concentrate Tools' started by RastaMon420, Mar 4, 2009.

1. #1 RastaMon420, Mar 4, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2009
    alright so i'm gettin a pickup of some mids in a few days and my bubbler broke last week. i wanna make a big gallon sized grav bong and just crush a few grams at a time with it. To do this i need to use aluminum foil. now everyone knows aluminum foil is bad for you.... right? i've been searching all over trying to find evidence to support this but.., i cant. sure theres links between alzeihmers and aluminum but that is just aluminum in general. Theres aluminum in a lot of materials including deoderant and foods. Does anyone know what temperature aluminum vaporizes at? i have a hard time believing that a material we stick in fire and ovens every day actually creates toxic fumes. Was just wondering if anyone has any links or info showing that aluminum foil actually vaporizes at lighter temperatures. Also i found that the human body is pretty effective at passing metals through and out instead of absorbing them. I'm gettin some new glass next week anyway and will make a sick grav bong regardless but since this has been something thats always bugged me i was wondering if i could put this issue to rest.
    ah i did some further searching and looks like a gc member already found a good link. http://www.answerbag.com/q_view/32056
    http://forum.grasscity.com/recreati...fficial-conclusion-smoking-aluminum-foil.html

edit: haha and another thing. everyone says butane lighters are bad for you. Although i think they do cause a bad taste, this isn't true. Butane is a simple hydrocarbon and basic chemistry shows that when hydrocarbons combust in oxygen they form carbon dioxide and water vapor. No toxic elements or chemicals there. the only byproducts of the gas combusting is CO2 and water. Again, correct me if i'm wrong but was just puttin it out there.

2. butane can form carbon monoxide under certain conditions. i don't know anything about the tinfoil though, just the rumors

3. yes in the absence of oxygen. if you plan on doing some high altitude smoking then i recommend going with matches. normally though it just forms carbon dioxide.

4. All I know about the tin foil is it works great as a replacement bowl... I'm completely unsure on the safeness of it but I've used it multiple, multiple times.

I do tend to see Kermit the Frog if I try to think really hard though, if that helps.

5. wait doesn't everybody???

6. yeah i also saw that theres aluminum in our water supply but it gets filtered out of our body quite easily.

7. i'll agree with you and say that 2C4H10 + 13O2 -> 8CO2 + 10H2O but the danger lies in uncombusted butane traveling into your lungs, still in the C4H10 form, that's why people whine about butane. the amount is so small i dont let it bother me.;)

8. yeah man that sounds straight i respect that. :smoke: