Aluminum ducting question - pretty simple

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by whiteb0inewb, Jun 14, 2011.

1. So I have a pretty dumb question. I've never really dealt with ducting before growing. You can buy ducting in long rolls (~ 10'-25') but obviously you rarely need 25 feet of aluminum ducting. I need ducting for both sides of my coot tube and to hook to the carbon filter. Is it possible to cut the long ducting with something to the size that you need? Like scissors or a sharp knife or something, and then fix it on to the ducting with tape or a clamp?

For example cutting one piece of 25' ducting in to lets say 5 - 5' pieces.

2. yup.. possible .. wire cutter will help...

3. #3 bhp70, Jun 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2011
    Word.

4. use a straight razor to cut through the thin foil part of the ducting (preferably right along the support wire) then use some wire clippers/tin snips to cut the wire.. put the circular clamp around your ducting before sliding it onto the light outlet. make sure theres some slack if your light is on a track...

5. alright thanks warfrat. Your damn helpful. I think thats two questions in two days you've answered for me. If I knew how to +rep I would lol

6. give the rep to kindbuds he/she answered your question very very well IMHO.