Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Altoids or Pill Bottle?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by andrewv13smokez, Sep 2, 2009.

1. ok idk if this is the right place to put this...but w.e lol
    what works best? hidin my bud in an altoid thingy or pill bottle
    im pretty sure pill bottles arent air tight right?
    are the altoid things airtight?...im kinda new 2 smokin bud
    ive been smokin for like...half a year i think lol ive got my peice taken away once
    but i realy dont wana get caught wit da actual bud so can u ppl plz help me?
    i just need it for dimes and dubs cuz i usualy dont buy any more than that at a time
    and would hidin a sac covered with dryer sheets and puttin it in my sock work?

2. if its hiding the smell you're worried about i'd use a prescription pill bottle

3. in the pill bottle for sure and i think most of them are air tight so you dont even have to worry bout the smelll

4. exactly

5. Pill bottles are air tight, and keep moisture out. Pill bottles are very convienent, but a mason jar is the absolute best way to keep your herb preserved.

6. i was under the impression it was the other way around- i thought that pill bottles WERE pill tight, and altoids cans never seemed like they would be absolutely air tight(even though im sure they're pretty close). im sure both me and the OP would greatly appreciate it if someone could clear this up. im interested now... :p

but it would have to be some INCREDIBLY good and smelly herb for it to smell outside of a pill bottle(or probably an altoids can...). and, if you wrap it in dryer sheets and shove it in a sock or two, if you tucked it away i cant see why it wouldnt be fine. i mean, if you just left it sitting on your desk or bed, it would NOT be a good idea. but if you hid it at the bottom of a drawer, or something, like i said it would be fine. i mean, make sure no one would find it cause it might be a little suspicious... why theres a sock with a little lump in it... but yeah.

7. i use a glass baby food jar for my buds:smoking:

8. Pill bottles are air tight. They're great.

Altoids containers are not airtight, let smell out easily, and are kind of low quality, which hurts their usefulness. I do use tins, but not normally altoids ones, because of how flimsy they are. I have a couple sucrets losenge tins that I like, that are normally ashtrays but sometimes hold bud also in a baggy, and a very old "Dr. miles anti-pain pills" which appear to have been pretty.... potent, judging from their era and packaging.

Anyway, pill bottles are better.

If you need some I think CVS or somewhere will sell them to you empty or maybe just give you some, just ask.

9. wow i thought it was gona take longer to get replies lol
    thanks peepz
    but i put a pill bottle i have under some water in the sink and after movin it around a little a few air bubbles came out lol but it stoped after like 3 to 5 bubbles lol
    visual hiding isnt realy a problem im more worried about hiding the smell
    i have a small room and pretty much any smell can take over the room pretty quick so thats why i wanted somethin airtight...wat about small plastic bag inside a dryer sheet inside a pill bottle hahaha...small sacs though lol...you think itl crush the bud? i dont usualy keep bud for a long time...it usualy goes fast haha so im not worried about it gettin dry or anythin

10. The cap has an insert, which is what seals off the bottle, the hard outer part just protects it and holds it on. That said, they really are not always perfectly air tight, but I've never had bud get too wet or dry in one, so long as it was not used for more than a week. They're just for the bit you're currently smoking, ideally. I've had them in my pocket and gotten soaked, hailed on, probably had hot slag hit them, sat on them, and more, they're troopers.

11. i have the same situation as u. wat i do is i surround wrap my buds. then put them in the pill bottles. then i have a smell proof. bag which pretty much works well. then i put that in a kinda airtight tin can again. and i put that in my closet. no smell unless u open that all up XD

12. pill bottle, film canister, m&m mini container thing all keep most of the smell in. i keep mine in a mason jar if i have more then an 8th but all the previous work great for small amounts.

13. some great ideas :smoking:
    thanks, gonna +rep you

i'm always looking for new places to put joints in so i can take them places without them breaking.

pill bottle, film canister, altoids container, m&ms mini container, all perfect for that, thanks :smoking:

14. Buy a little mason jar for 99 cents from your local hardware store

15. Pill bottles for herb, altoid tins for joints.

16. Neither are air tight.

Mason jars for the win.

17. pill bottles work perfectly fine, u can also put some "illegal" pills in it too, so u can have the "see, my advil bottle actually has some advil in it" shaking noise-effect.

18. I always use a pill bottle.. I have alittle chillum that fits perfectly in the bottle along w/ a few grams of herb thats perfect for boating and all that stuff.. I have fell in the water before and nothing in the pill bottle has gotton wet :)

19. Pill bottles work OK for short term storage, but that trick would only fool a brain dead imbecile. It's also not the healthiest thing to be smoking Advil (or whatever) residue on your bud :rolleyes:

20. just get a cigarette tube for joints theyre nice and small and the perfect size