Alternatives...

Discussion in 'Security' started by Thewoodinator, Feb 12, 2012.

1. Besides a carbon fiber filter, is there any alternatives for a micro grow? I'm talking 3 plants max. I don't believe a filter would be necessary for such a small project. What about air purifiers?

2. weed smell is "sneaky"... I think it's hard to stay on top of if isn't sucked from an enclosed place into a carbon filter...

3. Well, the space will be enclosed. It would litterally be for anything that sneaks out.

4. 3 plants shouldn't produce that much of a smell. Try getting some air purifiers around the house if you are worried about the smell but I wouldn't be concerned unless you got a little bit more plants.

5. Depends on your living situation... Are you living in an apartment block? Or are you a hermit in the woods? Do you cohabitate with other people? Do you own your own home? Do you have a lot of company?

3 plants will smell mightily, I think, judging from one lil plant that I had. Depends on the strain, I hear, but still... If you plan on keeping yourself supplied into the future, don't skimp, get a proper inline fan with carbon filter to hook up to your grow space.

If you're using a "cab" for your micro grow, the fan also helps suck the heat from the lights out of the cab. My lil box is a little less than 6 square feet total, with six 22-watt cfls running. Gets pretty warm inside if not for the fan pulling air out. And of course the attached carbon filter scrubs the smell sucked out with the warm air.

You probably won't need much of anything for the veg period, but for mid- to late flower, you'll need something...

I think air purifiers are inefficient for the task at hand.

6. Well, the box has 2 100 watt cfl's and 2 4" office fans. It won't be airtight, that's for sure. And I live in an apartment with two others that approve of what I'm doing. As for the people around me in the block, a majority of them also participate in the smoking act, but for the grow, honestly I think theydbe okay with it. I'm surrounded by parties every weekend.

7. Oh -- then security isn't much of an issue for you. Hope you live in a state with easy penalties! :D(State Laws)

You should take heed of the cardinal rules: "no tell, no smell, no sell"

Sounds like "no tell" and "no smell" are already on shaky ground...

8. Lol understood. Thought this was a trustworthy forum haha. I'll try the purifier/ionizer and if it is too noticeable, I'll go with the carbon filter...so fucking expensive...

9. I am planing my 1st grow 2 plants I plan on using a 4" inline fan with home made carbon filter inside the box and an Ionized air purifire on top outside. The cabinet is being created out of a dresser 16"x 38"x40". I think that should work fine.

10. Compare the expense of buying weed (if you're a lifelong smoker). I'm a beginner, but I've seen guys online with better skills than mine grow weed from 1 plant that would last a relatively light smoker (like me) for a year.

...No waiting on the corner for your dealer in some shitty section of town, no wondering what your weed's been through or mixed with from chop to the time you're inhaling it, no supporting barbaric drug gangs, no risking arrest everytime you buy, no droughts, no shitty weed...

Invest in a inline fan & carbon filter, then invest in a vaporizer to make whatever you manage to grow go farther... :D