Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Alternatively Glycerin tincture method

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by 122walls, May 3, 2011.

1. I am soaking 1 oz of herbs to 8 oz of glycerin. I'm doing the cold extraction, 60 days. Please share experience or knowledge. Is this going to produce a good potent medicine?
    This is the first time I've used this method and can't waste herb and product. Actually need it for nausea and pain. Any input would be appreciated

2. It should be fine, but why wait 60 days when you can make my tincture overnight, and it works EXACTLY the same as a cold method.

3. #3 122walls, May 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    I think I used yours once and i liked it, wanted to compare. You double boil it right? Do you use glycerin? Last time I made glycerin it was super thick. I extracted with alcohol and then boiled off all alcohol then added to glycerin and cooked it. Can I get the link to your recipe?

4. I obviously would like it done faster lol. It seems hot extraction can be just as good or better but I've read so much good about cold extraction...

5. Maybe I should scratch the cold glycerin and go with wild wills

6. Good luck! Let us know what the yield is like

7. 60 days is waaaaaay too long, you're simply dissolving the thc and maybe other cannabinoids in the glycerin at room temperature, i highly doubt it will take anywhere near 60 days for all the cannabinoids to dissolve, you'd probably be better off warming it gently and agitating the solution every now and then.

8. #8 122walls, May 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Every thing I've read on cold extraction says 60 days.... But I think you're right, I'm going to heat it and do a warm extraction