Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Alternative toking methods.

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by slifboySA, Nov 19, 2012.

1. Hey guys, So i have been smoking for the past 7 to 8 years and i am definitely not going back to my sober high school days. I started smoking when i got to college freshman year, and well yea, i was a pothead the rest of that year :smoking:. Anyway i have matured from that and i am a newbie when it comes to pipes and bongs and all the different toking methods. I only smoke blunts Dutch Masters to be precise. I got a Phd. in blunt rolling :cool:. But, I want to buy a pipe but don't know where to start. I want a bong. I want a vaporizer, basically i what to broaden my smoker horizons. So if anyone is willing to help please answer my questions.

Pipes --
    1. Do glass pipes, wooden pipes, metal pipes, and whatever other kinds there are taste different? Does it affect the taste of the herb? Does the type of pipe really matter? Where do i start? What about those color changing pipes? (do they really change colors? Is that the pipe to have when entertaining the ladies? ;))

Bongs --
    2.If i have never smoked from a pipe should i wait to buy a bong? Are bong for heavier smokers? Is there anything i should know before buying a bong? Should just make my own, out of one of those Crystal Skull bottles?

Vapor's--
    3. I don't even understand the concept of vaporizers honestly. What are vaporizers and how do they get me high?:confused:

Blunts--
    4. why should i even bother, why not just crack a dutch, roll a blunt and spark up?

thanks for reading,
    and smoke one for me! :D

2. #2 slifboySA, Nov 19, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2012
    The bottle I was talking about. It would be great with a little light at the bottom and the slide in the mouth so i looks like the skill is smoking. Meh you may have seen it or done it before but I think its a cool idea.

Attached Files:

3. Go for what catches your high, you have to start somewhere and it's all preference. My suggestion is stick to glass with whatever type of piece you choose.

4. I like glass pipes the best because all you taste is your herb. Regarding color changing pipes, if you'd like to see one, check out my "pickup thread" that I never updated and you'll see mine. It gradually goes from clear to blue as you use it but stays blue, it doesn't actively change before your eyes or anything. Every time you clean it it goes back to clear and the process repeats itself.

Bongs are great for anyone and I love them. Always buy glass on glass. And ask for a "water pipe" when buying, calling it a bong will get you kicked out of the store.

Vaporizers basically just heat your bud to the exact temperature needed to release THC and doesn't really burn it. It kinda makes a vapor that fills a balloon type bag on top. It's hard to explain, just google it!

5. Glass will always be your safest choice, keep in mind there is a large variety of quality in glass ranging from cheap China glass who will break if you fart a bit too loud to thick glass who can be used to knock someones teeth out. Glass is safer for heatlh, taste better and looks a lot better.

When choosing a piece it's always nice to think on what your needs are beforehand. Are you the kind of guy who smokes outside where there are a lot of people buy something discrete like a small spoon etc..

The type of pipe you choose is completely up to you, you can also opt for a bubbler so you'll have a pipe+the benefits of water filtration.
    Bongs are great even if they will rip you apart when you start using them.
    The most important thing however is to do your research beforehand to identify what you really want and to keep in mind that you get what you pay for.

Using such devices tend to be more efficient than smoking with joints or blunt, less bud wasted.

Vaporizers are the future of cannabis use, they are way more efficient than smoking but in the beginning it's a switch you have to make. You don't have entire satisfaction because you'll miss the smoke feeling but after a while you will be in love with it.

Keep your health in mind and always choose a safe material to smoke out: Glass:hello:

6. I have one of those Crystal Head bottles, and it never even occurred to me to make it into a bong. That's a great idea!

7. TheWolph: Woot go for it. we'll both be smoking skulls lol.

thanks Selah, Stoke, and Epic. I never thought about health and with pipes but that really affects my choices on pipes and "water pipes". vaporizers are something ill just have to read about while stoned since its the future. Now if i could just find a pipe store...
    oh wait... GC!!!