alternative to HLG's quantom boards... the supplier!

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Reo, Dec 14, 2017.

1. The thing with Alibaba, pay attention to shipping fee's. 240w's for sure give you more flexibility. tbh even though I just bought a bunch of 240's I've really been interested in the linear modules with lm301h+. Considering to do a side by side between the qb288's and linear. I'm really just interested in comparing canopies with the Apogee SQ-520 I get in tomorrow.
    @IPR the top 2 LED's are lm301b and the newer lm301h. you'll want to do your own cost/performance analysis to see which is better for you If you want to just get as much light out for the cheapest price lm561c's are also an option and I would get as much of a mix of spectrum as possible from 2700k - 6500k. If you go for example with 4 x qb288 240w's a mix of 1 x 4000k, 1 x 3000k, 2 x 3500k.
    If you want more from your lights, the 660nm diodes are typically found on most boards, they are worth it. As for the V3 with the UV, I guess it will really depend on the wavelength used. Current confirmed best practice for cannabis is running specific UVB T5 - T12 lights only during last two weeks of flower.
    Depends on what you want, but you have choices. As Jazzy mentioned Kingbrite is a company many here have reported good experiences, I think that is something worth looking into yourself. I can personally report that I am very satisfied with my purchase from Yuanhul LED. And there are other's you will find fairly bad experiences, many in this post.

:passing-joint:

• Like Like x 2
  2. *Many in this thread* wouldn't let me edit, lol.

3. Looking good brother! I'm stoked. I think I am grabbing three. 2700K+Episatr 660nm 3500K+Episatr 660nm and the 4000K+Episatr 660nm.

• Like Like x 2
  4. #1044 Jazzysnak420, Jul 19, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2019
    good idea!! perhaps i will go with another color for my second light,,, i went 3000k with 660, what one would you recommend next? 3500 perhaps ?

5. 4k 100%

• Like Like x 1
  6. hmm okay! may i ask why you suggest that sir ?

7. I second this. I’ve ran both 3k + 660nm along side 4000k plain, and I was surprised at the quality that came from the 4k plain grow.

I’m going to be running a new 2700k + 4000k + 730nm + 660nm + 385nm. I’m adding additional 4K boards, for a nice spike in the blue spectrum.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Good info. Might have to reconsider what I’m selecting. Do you think two of these in a 5x5 with two plants would be a good setup? I’m going to use the third for vegging in a 4x4.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

9. Your going to need more light boards than that. Imo, at least four for the 5x5.

You can get by with less in your veg space.

10. Like Nobueno said, you're going to need more, using 1 qb288 light board per plant they will grow, but they won't fill out a 5x5, at most I think would work with a 3x3 depending on spacing. Depends on what your goal is.If you want to fill out the full 5x5 you would need at least 4, and consider supplementing with a few COB's. Or if you want to stick with qb288's 6 would be more than enough, could do 6x6 with that.

• Like Like x 1
  11. What would you recommend if I am only doing six plants?

12. In that case I would go with 6 x 240w in a 77" cube.

13. I actually just did that exact same set up for a friend.
    I actually just did that exact set up for a friend. Remember to get a range of spectrums.

14. Is that six kits?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

15. So I guess you could call them kits in that they have everything you need to plug and play. The only thing required when you get them is connect the pre-wired cables using the included easy to use wago connectors. Earlier in the thread you can see exactly what I bought. Purchased 2 x 3000k+660, 2 x 4000k, and 2 x 3500k +660 (see link below.) Bought with a slightly deeper discount but I believe they are still the cheapest @ $114 each. I have nothing to do with this or any other LED company, I am happy with the purchase and so is the current user. My only gripe is that I would prefer a thicker heat sink, but so far no over heating issues. Encourage you to do your own searching, recommend only working with companies that have 2+ years with Alibaba and I personally preferred narrowing my search down checking the "Ready to Ship" and indicating they have previously exported to my country (USA.) Just skimming this entire thread should provide you with plenty of options.

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. I had a good experience with Kingbrite in terms of purchase, and it's definitely doing what it says on the box haha. So +1 for Kingbrite. I got 3500k+ir+uv.

I currently have it in a 4x4 with 5 plants.

I got the lm301b's though as they were a bit cheaper but the 301h is newer technology.

Not to throw another spanner in the works, but I really like the mixed spectrums boards that Bava LED are doing (also alibaba) 2700+4000+ir+uv... I don't have any personal experience though...

Just my 2c.[​IMG]

Sent from Space

17. Looking good. Have you had a full run with the board yet? If so how many grams per watt were you getting? I think I am going to stick with Kingbrite as I've heard nothing but positives from them and they have the latest tech as you mentioned. I think I am going to do a set up like yours with a 4x4 3500k. Are you going from veg to flower with the light?

18. Not a full run, I only got the QB into the tent about 10 days from soil. This is still my first grow :)

But you're right I've not heard anything bad about KB. I figured 3500k with the supplementals was the best seed to harvest spectrum, and yes that's what I'll be running the whole time.

I may get a 6500k CFL for seed next run, just because I had a shitty start, but that was my fault - weak LED, cheap Chinese blurple led, wrong heights, etc. Fumbling along. They had a very slow start, but the change in the girls from 24 hours under the QB was ridiculous. Like someone broke in and switched my plants out haha

Sent from Space

• Like Like x 2
  19. #1060 StingYang, Aug 7, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2019
    @mattskeee Can I ask what size length and width the Quantum light assembly is I am thinking about 30inches by 36inches
    Not sure so I better ask.
    I am asking the size of the assembled light made from 4 panels
    Thanks

• Like Like x 1