alternative to HLG's quantom boards... the supplier!

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Reo, Dec 14, 2017.

1. If you want you can get those Meanwell's with the potentiometer inside if you're going to individually adjust. You can also parallell a bunch of the 0-10s in to one pot. I believe the 0-10 side only drives 100ua continuous so if you had 10 of them its 1ma which is not very much on that big pot. Without knowing a part number, your pot is probably good for 50ma.

• Like Like x 1
  2. I haven’t personally used the cv hlg drivers, but I am starting to think, these could be a good answer to lower voltage, supplemental lighting.

I like the external potentiometer myself. I can run the lines as long as I need to adjust power.

With the setup I’m working on, getting to the onboard driver adjustments wouldn’t work. It wouldn’t be a deal killer, but, it wouldn’t be as convenient as having adjustments available at the door of the tent.

Food for thought for anyone choosing between the two drivers

• Like Like x 1
  3. Bigclive's new video (caught the name in the snap)
    that light is from Samsung, not sure what diodes though...

4. lookin good ! cant wait for my 240W to arrive next week! gonna order more if it lives up to my expectations..

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 3
  5. that is reassuring ,thank you, i had heard some good things. and am eagerly awaiting my 3000k + 660nm!

• Like Like x 2
  6. looks good man! nothing like that feeling of getting brand new lights.

7. Hi

Yes they are from kingbrite and they do look nice and draw 305w from the socket full blast and at minimum 5w, the 2year warranty on them made me buy this specific set.
    Now the proof will be in the pudding, how well the plants grow.

• Like Like x 2
  8. So about potentiometers, if I am understanding correctly it's a transistor and creates heat. Is it inefficient old tech?
    If the focus is on efficiency, is there any reason not to use PWM?
    Been researching how best to program multiples of boards/drivers to perform sunrise / sunset and various dimming controls. Can it be this easy?

• Like Like x 2
  9. i
    i cant handle the way this guy say multimeter lol wtf

10. very interesting video none the less. i will be looking into some PWM dimmers now haha!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. if you dont want the added 660nm reds, im sure they would go cheaper than 117 per unit.

12. Appreciate you bro. Thank you.

13. np man ! i friggin love my light btw, ordering another tmr.. 117 usd like i said ! comes to 216 canadian shipped! cant beat that !my plants are loving my 3000k with 660! cant wait to see it during flower! my wishes will soon be granted as I flipped the lights heh.. heres mine in action! very good craftsmanship on board, all diodes perfectly aligned. deff legit samsung diodes. 20190718_120914.jpg 20190718_120914.jpg

• Like Like x 3