alternative to HLG's quantom boards... the supplier!

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Reo, Dec 14, 2017.

1. Nice grow under those 2 small boards.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. I ordered 2x288 QB from meijiu. Got them in 4 days. Ask them to ship with DHL. Other courier companies are much slower.
    Mandy is the girl you want to order through. Very helpful and patient.

3. mandy is who I use shes great!

4. I’m busy with meijiu but i’m not sure which board a should i get with the qb288 V2 with 660 red on them or just go qb288 V2 without the red, is the extra red worth it in the bloom period.

• Like Like x 2
  5. 100% worth it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  6. At this point, hlg is going to add a “R”, or 301b + xxxNM to their upcoming boards. You’re getting early access, imo.

Whatever the up-charge is from the supplier, I’d go for it.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Okay Nice
    Then i’ll be going with those with 660 reds. Whats Your opinion on the qb800 boards with reds or stick with 3 qb288 board with red s on a triple slate heatsink, only difference is that 3 qb288 56 more White leds and 8 more reds.

8. My next spend is going to be on something like this - [​IMG]

9. Nice light for a full cycle

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  10. I bought myself 12 of those fotop 800 boards
    They’re great.

• Like Like x 2
  11. I got an exploding Dimmer from Meijiu. Everything was from last grow and I did not do any rewiring. Switched it on and one of the dimmers exploded within a minute. I do realize the leading cause of these dimmers exploding is due to wires touching each other. However, I did not even open them up to rewire. It just exploded. Sent them pictures plus video and as I expected, the fault was mine and no replacement given.

I don't really care about the replacement but Meijiu buys the dimmer and sells it to us at double the price they bought. Literally buys at 8 bucks to sell to us at 16! I knew this but still bought from them due to convenience. They should last reasonably well because it has been tested by them for compatibility. It does not make sense that it explodes under normal use.

I stand by my comments that Meijiu boss sucks! Anyone not looking like The Rock (total oposite), should not call themselves Rock! Lol

In my decades of doing business in China, I typically avoid people like this Meijiu boss. They sweat the small stuff and their company grows but never goes anywhere. Not a dude with positive vibes.

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. So some good ideas for my new 4x4....4 qb96s,,,2 800qbs,,,or 288s hmmm

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

13. 2 800's in a 4x4 would be killer! I would have that setup right now but during the March expo Meijiu was selling the 288s for a lower price/watt. ~$1.70cad/watt for 800s vs ~$1.40cad/watt for the 288s if I remember correctly.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. That's my current setup, I got in on the march sale too.

Gr0p70.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  15. Do you have a picture of your Heatsink? Does it not cover the whole area of the board?

• Like Like x 1
  16. It covers most of it.. I haven't had any heat issues, although I do have my driver mounted outside the tent.

Gr0p71.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  17. Gotcha. I’m sure it runs just fine. Just curious, did you piece together the heatsinks and boards separately, or did they sell it like that?

18. Those came in the kit

• Like Like x 1