alternative to HLG's quantom boards... the supplier!

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Reo, Dec 14, 2017.

1. What did you not like about the grey wago connectors? Initially I was confused as to how to use them (was my first time), but they're pretty solid and the wires don't budget.

2. Heres some pics of the setup. I decided for now that I'll leave it as is... the driver seems to be balanced fine and the heatsink are only warm to the touch. It's been on for 11 hrs now and I can comfortably keep my hand on either. 1534402524524.jpg 1534402539552.jpg 1534402564024.jpg 1534402595279.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  3. I like your idea on the plug connectors, I have a ton from my helicopters so i may actually go that route and dump the wagos. Looks good!

4. Ha I use ec3's and ec5's for my lights

5. Cool, I will use the RCPro plus ones.

6. 20180816_132919[1].jpg my phone just couldn't focus lol. but I finally got the light up and going. i'd still like to add the fans, fan shrowd, and the third board but at a later time. if I can get 170 watts out of this light with out being too "warm" i'll be just 30watts under my goal of minimum1000watts min for my 4x8. hopefully a third light can get me there but that is going to be in the beginning of the new year.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Good job reod12x2. I like the way you soldered 'the weak link'. They should really design ALL the boards to have better plug and play capability. Like, I know its not hard, but something like modern motherboards is what I'm thinking.

8. Is it weak? When I plugged in the wire I was actually struggling to get it out again.

9. and that is why I don't like them I even snapped two clean off the board. they're so dam hard to get the wire out of since the holder has a serrated edge so the wire goes in and a barb is formed on the soft copper and even with opening the holder the barb catches and holds, but the "covers" plastic thingys are super easy to take off.. if they used a different mechanism it would be tones better, but I like to solder and it only takes a minutes to do all the connections. when I buy next i'll check into king brite because there 288's come with solder tabs instead. only problem though is they only have 3500k at the moment and I don't know if they would build to order unlike r2t, bava, and mejiu as they carry stock instead.

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  10. After a couple in and outs its weak. I don't want to break it, and think that soldering a connection there might be best for me.

11. I have considered getting boards made with two wires and plugs instead of the Molex connects. They are fragile in my opinion.

12. Oh, sorry to be more clear I just find the older style wagos to be a bit bulky mostly. For something like this light project they are OK, but it can be a really tight fit to use them inside junction boxes or other household wiring jobs in small spaces. The newer wagos are much smaller and flatter. The connection is pretty much the same and very solid with both, but I like that the newer style are clear so you can see all individual wires inside the connector to visually inspect the connection also.

13. 288 board from szbava. Check the second link on the first post of this thread

Sent from my SM-G965U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. Yeah

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

15. #519 imthatmotm, Aug 17, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2018
    Hey guys, first post and at a bit of a loss.

Currently I have 3 cob bars with 4 vero29s on hlg320c2100b's lighting a 5x5

Then an hlg600h54b hooked to 4 hlg 288v1 quantum board in my veg room.

I bought 4x 800s and heatsinks. Plan on sandwiching the 4 800s between 2 rows of 6 cobs each. Running each cob bar cooler with the 320c2100b's.

I was hoping to take the spare 320c2100b, wire it to the 4 qb's, then wire the 600h54b to the 4 800s.

I seen the 800s run 52v. Would the 54v 600h54b be an issue? How about the 320c2100b on 4 qb's?

I'm in pretty deep here with a poor understanding of voltage /amperage. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Will post pics when finished!

16. I'm not sure about the other things but the hlg320h c2100 can run a max of 3 2888boards. The hlg 320 c2800 can run 4 boards( 2 in series 2 in parallel). The hlg 320h c... step down in c series. Could probably do 4 in series.