alternative to HLG's quantom boards... the supplier!

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Reo, Dec 14, 2017.

1. Complimentary white Ash shot...

My god this run turned out incredible

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. How are the customs duty fees calculated for orders from China? I’ve ordered many things from China (and other countries) before but have never had to pay a ransom fee for them. Did everyone who ordered from China get hit with this?

3. Yes. It was about 10% I figure, but I don't really know.

I plan on selling one of the 800s I purchased just to test some other lights. I am definitely keeping one (and the 2 x 304s), just want to experiment more and don't want to end up with 20 different lights that I won't use.

• Like Like x 1
  4. #406 4ala2sk0a, Jun 25, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2019
    Hurrah

• Like Like x 1
  5. Anyone running their led lights on 220v? I have hps running on 220 and that is my only source of power in the room. Buying from kitty this weekend at Shenzhen ... She said her dimmers wouldn't work w timers I can buy here in the states. Anyone run into that w them yet?

6. I was just looking over the diagrams created over this thread. The inside of the dimmer says 120V/1KW and 220V/2kw (?) Any reason not grabbing the appropriate kit? I think its designed for 220, but probably should ask the manufacturer.

Can see the writing on the dimmers here.

7. That is power handling depending on voltage. The drivers are more effective at 220-240 volt, put out more power. But all my elg constant voltage drivers seem to out past their max ratings anyways at 120

8. Thoughts?

• Like Like x 1
  9. #411 4ala2sk0a, Jun 28, 2018
    Badass is my thoughts.

10. #412 4ala2sk0a, Jun 28, 2018
    Double post

11. Has anyone here wired theirs for 220v? I have only 220 in my room and will be getting the kits soon. Been talking with a few people but can't find anything concrete on how to wire them correctly. Don't want to blow any boards or drivers somehow. Thanks guys

12. They are designed to run anywhere from 110-377 volt. They use less energy and put out more power when ran at higher voltage. It should be specified on the driver. Unless its not meanwell brand then I can't say.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Got an note from Alibaba today says:
    "qb 288 lm301b led are available,it is higher efficiency than qb 288 lm561c led,if you have any interest,please let me know." from "Jeff Wei Shenzhen Hansion Technology Co., Ltd."

just saying.

14. I just ordered Exactly that board this morning. I'm really hoping I purchased three items for my needs. I ordered the Folux-240H-2-236 That has the 2x 288 boards with the LM301B, two separate heat sinks, driver, dimmer in all chords and accessories and hangers connectors etc. offer $254.40 including fees and shipping. I ordered it in the 3000k temp

• Like Like x 1
  15. I was told I can use 110v cords and just cut off the end and put on the socket I need to make it a 220v .this sounds odd to me but multiple people now said it's true. Thoughts?

16. I would use the appropriate gauge wire when dealing with this. Its a matter of a few $.

17. #419 Aolelon, Jun 29, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2018
    The Emerson effect is not very noticeable using a ppf of 500 umol/s or higher.
    It's more relevant below those levels.

18. #420 Aolelon, Jun 29, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2018
    Also the emerson effect is totally different than the End of Day treatment.
    If you are trying to get the EOD effect, you're looking for Far red diodes, in the 730nm range.
    Cree far red XP-E do the trick well. You're looking for 2000-4000umol
    Because of the lack of Far Red and IR, plants take up to 2 hours per night to switch to a night cycle, the 730nm band is the last left by the sun when going down, so plants sense that. LED (90cri have enough) lack this so you can supplament it, effectively changing your night.
    You can then run a 13.5hr day 10.5hr night effectively
    RapidLed sells a flower puck that will do this for you, if you dont want to buy individual diodes and do the work yourself.

One thing most people dont realise is they have to keep their rooms around 80-85 to make up for the lack of IR like HPS has, for proper leaf surface temps. Here is a study showing why.
    LED Grow Lights | Growing Kits & Indoor Commercial Grow Lights