alternative to HLG's quantom boards... the supplier!

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Reo, Dec 14, 2017.

1. 22" from the net. Used to be 18" back when I was having problems before. (I had eye-balled it as two feet, but should have actually measured.)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. OK, sounds like my common sense still functions. I have a 3 foot inch stick around my grow room for light measurement.

3. all boards lead to shenzen lmao, only true until you get enough money to buy the equiptment to produce your own boards. which is now what HLG has. Samsung will continue to make the V2 boards for HLG, and HLG will begin producing their own boards.

4. the V2 boards are 6% more efficient than the v1 boards.

5. Wow, This is like overclocking the pc all over again.

Nice to see you guys carrying the thread to 20 pages. And filling it with info.

As for myself I'm about 3 to 4 weeks out on finishing my flower cycle. After that I'll be making a 3 qb288 panel light for the next crop, using the same 3/16" aluminum but I'm going to add in two 120mm pc fans, for 80cfm, and construct a shroud that along with the extra penal I'm confident I'll be able to run max wattage from a hlg 320h c2100a driver.

As for the existing lights the one flower light I made has worked Well at 220watts but does run in the 110's 130's. As for the crop I don't seem to have an eye for the difference between the qb288 and the vero29 g7's I got next to it. Plus that new strain and overall light height issues is making for a big inconsistency across the board.

As for the veg light it has worked flawlessly the boards don't get hot at the 75ish max watts each they get and that is with next to zero air flow.

Overall even this new 3 panel light I'm wanting to make it'll be still 50 bucks cheaper then a 4 vero 29 cob setup using actively cooled pcu coolers.

• Like Like x 1
  6. @Aolelon
    doesn't seem to be much a difference; again the problem I am currently having is not light issues.

having same issues at this time.

I'm adding some shots. I had to supercrop several tops from one plant due to inconsistent stretch. I should have used a second screen just to support the stalks as they are already getting too heavy. The other plant is perfect, but its very tight in there.

I recognize my girls are hungry, but I didn't feed them for almost a week now to let the lime settle/react. I just fed them now. My pH is still low on the stretchy plant (5.6) but its still ok. Other plant is >5.8. (thats' after using pH 6.9 solution).

Prior to supercroping, one bud was between 3-4" away from the board. The power is currently ~80-90%.

As always, recommendations are welcome, like... should I thin these out?! Also thinking to start feeding them way more, like every other day might be sufficient.

Attached Files:

7. I looked into it. $50K will get you what you need minus the component materials.

8. #368 4ala2sk0a, Jun 9, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2019
    Your welcome; you opened my eyes to the real world!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  9. #369 4ala2sk0a, Jun 13, 2018
    Whoop

10. I was actually surprised how nice the meiju heatsink was...
    gratz on your shipment!

• Like Like x 2
  11. @AngryPirate
    if you're just looking for yourself, you can buy the finned heatsinks from HLG, no alts needed as they are cheap enough. I've not tried the plain aluminum, but I'm sure with a fan blowing on them that it would be fine.

• Like Like x 1
  12. I can't imagine it being being being very different than HLGs heatsinks. Most seem to be made the same?

13. I'm curious why you have resistors? Are they used as a fuse for each string? Or just tying it together?

14. as far as i can tell it looks the same. The larger heatsink looks to like it could fit 3x288/304s but the 800 sticks out at the sides. no biggie, as the heat is fine in the tent.

15. So i finally got my hlg 288's v2 from HLG, so funny thing is... the 2 heatsinks were wrapped in newspaper.... CHINESE newspaper.
    So i ask any americans, are Chinese newspapers so common in the US? or did HLG just forward the box they received from China???

pfff...

• Informative Informative x 3
  16. Are you saying that you think the QB288's also just got forwarded from China, or did you just mean the heatsinks? The heatsinks wouldn't surprise me, as HLG is not really in the milling business (yet), so they prob just use their contacts at Shenzen to get them cheap.

17. Not sure what i am saying. Not sure what i have in my hands, I am just saying that i bought a single kit of 2 qb288s v2 with 2 heatsinks. The lights were wrapped in plastic, the heatsinks in chinese newspaper. If they failed to change the newspaper while packing it in the US it's just lame; if on the other hand the whole deal was made in china, and just forwarded to me then that's another deal altogether.

I just found it odd that i would receive something from the US with packed in chinese print, is all no disrespect to the product etc.

18. Gotcha... I guess as long as you're happy with the grow results is all that matters.

• Like Like x 2
  19. #380 4ala2sk0a, Jun 14, 2018
    I called HLG about selling their shit in bulk and they didn't even respond. :( This was weeks ago.
    I don't understand why you wouldn't want to "sell shit"

• Funny Funny x 1