Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Alternative Budder Smoking Methods

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Sam_Spade, Jul 5, 2008.

1. Greetings all,

I have recently procured myself quite a large amount of Budder. I am quite a fan of the stuff and have certainly used it before, although my circumstances have since changed.

Hot knifing is no longer practical for me (although it soon will be again), as is the quarter-mile method. Simply smearing it onto a joint seems almost wasteful with such a high-grade extract, also.

I'm thinking I will simply put a very small amount in a little piece of rolling paper, crumple it up and place it in the bong bowl, and smoke it like I would anything else.

Any suggestions, opinions or recommendations would be much appreciated. Keep in mind that budder melts into a liquid almost instantly and smoking it like a soft hash is not feasible.

Also, Happy Independence Day to all those American tokers out there; may your holiday be peaceful, relaxing and lawless.

Yours Truly,
    Sam_Spade

2. Without being able to hot knife or anything similar, I'd recommend just saving it for when you can (if it's pretty soon).

Your idea about the rolling paper should work, but I don't know how well, you don't want to waste any budder! If you're going to try the bong method, I'd make sure you rest it on something else and only pack a hit worth, do it popper style if you know what that is.

3. get a vape that should extract all the thc and if its really 99% thc u should be left with almost nothing

4. I think that would make a pretty big mess in the vape, depending on the style. Budder liqufies.

Another idea I had is to go outside and possible hit it like a freebase? Whether you go the spoon route or the tin foil is your choice. I don't know if a simple lighter can get it hot enough though...

5. Greetings again,

DiggityDankness: you're probably right about that. I do always put a brass screen in my bong piece out of habit, so the paper method may still work. It's a very least worth a try, because it's been very successful with hash before. If that fails, then I suppose I will have to go to the hardware store and purchase a torch.

Thanks for your contribution, I really appreciate it.

Edit: yes actually, that was what the headshop clerk recommended to me, a freebase pipe. The kind which is usually used for meth or crack. I refrained from purchasing it simple based on the appearance, but it may be something to consider.

420-4-ever: That would be the most preferable method for sure, and I will try it -- I know of several public vaporizer cafes within travel distance to me. Although I don't think I will be buying a vaporizer in the near future, because of my casual smoking habits. (The vaporizer is just not portable enough)

I am very interested to see how much residue is left though after vaporization.

Yours Truly,
    Sam_Spade

6. When I had some budder, I crumbled some onto a bed of ash in a pipe; works like a charm.

7. id be nervous about getting the flame on it, i heard it fucks up alot of the thc.

i have no suggestions though:(

8. Greetings again,

Zonyc: that's a very clever idea, I will keep that in mind when I experiment with this next stash of budder. Thanks!

jonahm: You might not have any suggestions, but you bring up a very intriguing point which I had not thought of... I will have to do some research and inquiry to find out.

Thanks again for the input. This is why grasscity's forums are so popular.

Yours Truly,
    Sam_Spade

9. I don't know if you have the means to do it but:

Get a spoon red hot, then put some of the budder in it.
    catch the vapors with hooter
    (though I think you were saying you can't knife it so a spoon might be out of the question)

10. Budder on top of weed and take bong rips?
    The budder will melt ontop of the weed.

11. Lucky bastard... I wish i had some Budder.

Wanding it might work? I think the best way it would work is if its on top of some weed in a bong I guess.