Alternative bedside table?

Discussion in 'The Great Indoors' started by Highbinder, May 5, 2012.

1. Hey guys,

So me and my girlfriend just moved in together, so far its' awesome, but the place was unfurnished so it's been a challenge :p We sorted stuff like curtains, had our mattress gifted to us, found an armoir on the street, etc,

But I want bedside tabe, what could I use? No need for drawers, I'm a man and own like 0 pretty things.

I was thinking maybe like some crazy papermache construction, or a wire/rope spool.

Anyone got any creative ideas?

2. Like--- Are you trying to find pretty things?
    I would go to garage sales. They usually have some awesome stuff. Something vintage, old, nice :)

But, idk. Maybe bar stools, chess tables...
    Get a couple of cheap tables and decopage old comic books on them. Go to a thrift store, find something flat, attach wooden legs to it..

3. try to find a cheap one on craigslist

4. I sleep on a futon mattress on the floor, so the whole floor is my 'bedside' table =)

5. I use a kitchen chair as my bedside table, works great too!

6. Or you could use a chair base and attach an old suitcase to it. Take off the top of the suitcase and bam! Spillproof bedside table.

Or, get two plastic baskets (you can find them at the dollar store), stack them on top of eachother (and secure), then attach an peice of plywood on the top and cover the entire thing in rope using a spiral pattern.

Or, there is a certain way you can fold magazines so they can bear weight. Secure four or five of them together and attach a plexiglass cutout on them....I think there's a tutorial on instructables for this one.

Really, your possibilities are endless. Whatever you do, post picx