Alternating Sunlight and Indoor Lighting

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Barahng, Jan 27, 2010.

1. I heard that it was unhealthy for a plant to introduce it to the sunlight AND artificial light. This doesn't make much sense to me, but I just wanted to confirm if it's safe and healthy to put my plants out in the sun once the weather starts getting warm. Also, if it matters, I live in Florida.

2. I don't see a problem. In fact, in my own experience, I have noticed an explosion of growth when my indoor plants are introduced to natural light. Not saying that I do this every time, but on the occasions that I have...

Good luck.

3. I would have to agree with mad4reef. Not anything I have done in years, but was fine in doing so.

4. I have heard estimates of 32,000 to 100,000 Lumen per Square Foot in sunlight depending on the season. If these estimates are correct, sunlight is equivalent to a 300W HID bulb at the low end of this estimation. (they don't make one of these, it's just a rough estimate)

Good luck.

5. Holy crap, that's ridiculous. Also something to consider, would a plant that has been indoor for most of it's life have less resistance to disease/pests?