Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Altered Sobriety

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Barnkis, Sep 12, 2008.

1. Has anyone ever thought of altered sobriety? Ever since i've blazed daily and eaten mushrooms on multiple occasions, I cant help but think in a different way.

I think so differently sober now then i did before being a full-fledged stoner.

I think of everything in a deeper sense, not always taking face value, but seeing what is hidden behind the surface.

I often get lost in thought just sitting there, thinking about life, what im doing, where im going to go, etc.

I appreciate things a lot more. Religion views, Science, nature, peoples beliefs, I respect people for who they are and what they believe.

Anyone else?

2. i feel as though this is a similar idea to to my own,

an idea of a "hand guided" conscious experience through all sorts of natural chemicals.

sobriety is kinda silly, as term, I think...I mean no one is ever REALLY sober, through any number of mundane things....

caffeine, nicotine, weed, EMOTIONS, etc...

If I had the choice, i'd eat a few fresh mushrooms every morning (blahblah 3 day tolerance, whatever). I enjoy the feeling of being tripping around people, doing most things...

Its simply inspiring, i think. I haven't been too inspired as of late, so thats my .02

3. I completely understand what you're saying. Maybe it has something to do with my age as well, but I feel like since i've smoked everyday I have a different outlook on things, sober or not, more mature about things, different views or opinions then i used to. Kinda rad.

4. That's why some plants/fungi are consider to be entheogens.

From Dictionary.Com:

entheogen
    Part of Speech: n
    Definition: any substance, such as a plant or drug, taken to bring on a spiritual experience Example: Entheogen is supposed to be a kinder term than hallucinogen or psychedelic. Etymology: lit. 'generating the divine within' Usage: entheogenic adj

See also http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Entheogen

5. #5 Barnkis, Sep 12, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2008
    I love sharing that with you guys. Shrooms are its own entity towards me. Kind of like a teacher that holds my hand and teaches me the finer points of life.

And yeah, i know about entheogens, I do them bud.
    I love to study drugs, effects, natural appearances etc. Some day i wanna settle down with a girl who enjoys tripping and trip away our lives, collecting our memories into a pool of emotion only shroomers can undertsand.

6. i agree, but think about it this way. do you appreciate things the same, maybe more, just because you have aged? or is it because of the weed/shrooms? its hard to tell.

7. I don't know. Life is fucked. I can't understand it. WHy are we here? we'll never know.

8. We are here to live and to experience the Universe.

9. Honestly I kind of stopped questioning that so much because when I did I'd just get depressed and start thinking too much. Just enjoy life for what it is and appreciate the fact that we DON'T know what it really is. If that makes sense. I'm not high so a topic like this isn't as easy to talk about, lol.

10. Sounds like mushrooms gave you a new outlook on life, thats pretty common.

11. That's some deep shit, man.

12. I grew up in a devout Southern Baptist home. When I started smoking bud, my parents tried to preach to me the peace of Jesus and how nothing else can compare. However, when I think about it, smoking bud generates the same effects. The Bible says we should have a personal relationship with God which I always found difficult. I've found that pot has altered my perceptions, I appreciate this magnificent world so much more. I believe that there is a God who created this world for our enjoyment, since he derives pleasure from our happiness. I don't know about you folks, but pot makes me appreciate the gift so much more...and isn't that the point?

13. Yeah, i know what you mean. I wonder what jesus would think of weed

14. I'm sure he loves it because he put it there as some may believe.

15. Exactly. There are several indirect references to weed in the Bible. I think there would be more but they were subtle and lost in translation. For example, there's a place in the old testament called Cush, which had aromatic "good." The footnote says, "or resin."

16. where is here?

how do you even know you're where you think?

:)

would you really feel better if you knew why?

17. no. If you knew why we were here, it would most likely be a reason you dont enjoy. I kind of like not knowing.

18. It Would be really funny if the only reason we were put on this earth was to get high like we were made to just smoke all day everyday i think that would be funny but extremely unlikely

19. Life is the way the Universe uses to perceive itself.

20. I like that oldskool.