Alright.. Weed. Is NOT Legal in California.

Discussion in 'General' started by Herb Pheonix, Jan 5, 2012.

1. #1 Herb Pheonix, Jan 5, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2012
    I think people that don't live in Cali have Cali labeled as some... Stoner heaven where you can walk down the street Smokin a joint and the cops will just come up and take a hit off your jay and say have a good day sir.

Naw.

I've been ticketed. Almost arrested. All over pot.

I had a friend get arrested before Christmas for Intent to distribute. Guess what he had a quarter and a scale on him. he doesn't slang though..

Medical patients aren't Magically exempt from the dick cops.

Just cause you have a med card doesn't mean there's not a million loop holes for you to still be arrested.

Lol

I just find it funny when I read a story on here and the comments are like...

Why you stressin bro? You live in Cali.

It's like.. I'm STRESSIN cause just like everybody else I can get arrested for my habit at any time.

2. Why would someone with a med card go out and do that shit in public anyways? That's just dumb in my opinion.

3. Common man it can not be nearly as bad as the conservative plagued Midwest.

You can walk into a fucking store and buy it. I can't even fathom that.

4. #4 LMA, Jan 5, 2012
    I thought it was different in Cali. But you can't get prison, right? I can't imagine South California having enough space in their prisons for weed smokers, what with all the rapists, murderers, dealers and junk around.

Could you get into trouble for 1g of weed in the greater Los Angeles area?

Although you wouldn't wanna live in Sweden. It's 110% illegal. Under no circumstances are you allowed to even get near weed. But I can't complain, I live 1,3 hours away from Christiania aka Pusher Street (Copenhagen, Denmark), it's a safe haven for stoners. Buy, smoke, do whatever you want but as soon as you leave Pusher Street and try to get back over the bridge reality hits you.

5. Your missing the point.

Ya I can totally get into trouble with a gram of weed. If I showed my med card to a cop they'd probably just laugh. I'm 18 and look healthy.

You'd definatly get a ticket for a gram. Idk about jail.ive had a couple friends spend a few days in jail for eigths. I'm not saying that it's not more lenient than other places.

But it's still illegal in pretty much every possible way.

6. i got pulled over with an ounce. i keep my MRI (along with my mmj card and paperwork"on me at all times which is 6 pages long & the most disturbing thing anybody could ever read. So I was by myself (this was when I had just moved here) I was showed them both huge scars on my shoulders, let them read the MRI i was like "i swear on my mothers life I'm not like a lot of the people with there card i don't agree with that i think there should be more paperwork involved to get your card to show your truly disabled, this lets me live a semi pain free life in a non addictive manner i don't take the painkillers i was prescribed back east, this keeps me semi okay" they were the most understandable dudes ever man. i guess thats because i have legit issues because they were ready to fuck with me dude. they were all "oh look he has his card" and started laughing. then they were reading the MRI like "what the fuck yo"? so i guess you are right in a way though. if you don't have legit issues you are not exempt. i do though.

if you act like a punk to an officer thats the way your gonna get treated.

7. lol your buddy had a scale. doesn't matter if he doesn't deal, it makes him look guilty as fuck.

8. really?? cause in ohio you can get caught with up to a oz and only get a 75 ticket..same with colorado...my friend pulled behind this building and tried to smoke a quick bowl, come swooped up behind and all he made him do was through his brand new pipe in the dumpster and he took his weed.

9. I know dude. People are just idiots. It sort of pisses me off when punk ass kids have there card that don't need it though, i don't know why.

10. Amen brah. I got an OWI and about 3k worth of fines for being caught driving while high with .44 grams and 2 pipes. Fucking bullshit. OWI, jesus christ it just fucking irritates the fuck out of me whenever i think about the corrupt bullshit I was put through.

11. Yes Pheonix tell it how it is!
    But srsly weed is pretty illegal in Cali its just that there are places you can get it due to your illness or if you want to smoke weed and get a medicard for that reason only. People that dont live there ( myself included) think thats where all the smokers are or want to be. its not legal its just regulated and the state is allowing it cuz they see the benefits.
    Basically what im sayin is that youre right and people who think that its legal are actually really wrong.

12. I've never been arrested for pot and ive been caught quite a few times, so I dont know about your rant.

13. Get your med card. They wont bother you at all with a rec unless you are blatantly abusing your rights

14. it's pretty hard to get arrested for bud unless you're doing some really stupid shit.

15. #15 NorCalPiff, Jan 5, 2012
    Yeah, they were ready to cuff me before they read that MRi dude. then again it would have just gotten thrown out though in court (still a bullshit procedure though). these 2 were so understandable after I talked to them like an adult and after they stood there for 5 minutes reading it & whispering. anybody that reads my MRI would be like this kid needs prescription fuckin everything. i explained how "i hate talking my prescription prescribed pills" (hehehehehehehehe LoLz!!!! thats a funny 1!!!1)

edit: honestly, they would of probably just said go because they were like "ohhh he has his card". they just understood i had it for an actual real purpose after talking and reading the mri. i didn't want a negative reputation because i for real do NOTHING wrong, I'm a pussy yo. i had my days. not built for that bro.

16. he shouldn't get it if he has nothin wrong with him though. thats just abusing the system for people that need it.

17. #17 Lenny., Jan 5, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2012

Well I mean if you have your card and you still almost get int trouble , then perhaps it's not a good idea to do it in places where you get caught.

That really wasn't my point - my point was why put yourself in a position of risk of getting caught, even if you are doing it legally .

18. I've lived in Cali since the late sixties. Marijuana laws have always been very laxed. I have been caught with pot by law enforcement many times, never arrested, sometimes even allowed to keep my pot. And that was before prop 215. I even once had my favorite pipe, which had recently been confiscated by a cop, returned to me by another cop. I was 12 yrs old at the time. I have been smoking pot in public, clubs, etc., since I started smoking pot. Of course you have to be somewhat discrete depending on the setting.
    Now, with medical marijuana laws, people are growing and smoking everywhere. With all of this in mind, I can see how people develop their opinion of California marijuana laws.
    But it's true, people do still get arrested for things like sales and cultivation. It happens all the time to people who are acting outside California law. It even happens to people acting within Cali law, if the cop wants to be a dick, which many do.
    Not only that, pot is not legal in Cali, even for medical use. It's only decriminalized. Prop 215 didn't make it legal. It stopped the arrest and prosecution (decriminalized) of those with a doctors recommendation. And for non medical use, under an ounce is only a ticket with a $100 fine, no criminal record.

19. you are a rare Legend grandma. +rep to a true Renegade Rebel over here.

20. Same in NY. This is how it should be everywhere.