Alright, I'm quiting smoking.

Discussion in 'General' started by nascarfan, Dec 14, 2011.

1. ....And I'm really gonna do it this time. i refuse to fail. So send me some support guys. Help me kick the cigs. Tips and tricks are welcome.

2. Funny I thought of this last night.

This morning I realized it's not a realistic goal :(

3. I surely hope you do better than I did.

4. SmokeCiggs<SmokeWeed

Get the idea?

5. Quitting is easy i get urges but i always remind myself that its just an urge and itll go away once i stop for a bit

6. what ever you do, don't switch to smoking something you don't like, because it turns out you'll just become addicted to those

7. Chew gum do not think about it.

If you need a bacco fix throw in a chew.

8. I keep telling myself I will cut back tomorrow.

But tomorrow never seems to come.

9. When I quit for awhile, every time I'd get the urge, I'd remember these things: It makes me feel guilty to bum cigarettes from friends. Also, think about this: Every time you buy a tobacco product, that money could go to anything else... Like some nice bud!

10. Think of your teeth.

11. That doesn't work lol, because cigs are highly addictive. My body doesn't give a shit if I'm getting high or not, it still wants its nicotine.

Besides, I'm off weed right now anyway. I'm trying to clean up to find a better job.

12. You have to be motivated to quit. You can try the gum or e-cig or stop inhaling or cutting back or cold turkey......I just stopped inhaling for 2 weeks and quit

You have to WANT to quit. It's not free will ~> It's a want. If you want it bad enough...bad enough to not stop at any cost...not stop no matter WHAT happens...Even if your mom ends up dead on the top of your car~> YOU CAN NOT HAVE A CIG

After a few weeks you'll start to notice some health benefits that will continue over time

:)

13. Tea Tree Chewing Sticks. Made by a company called Thursday Plantation. They are flavored "toothpicks" that last hours! When you have a craving, just pop one of them in your mouth.

They helped me greatly when I quit! You can find them at any local health food store. Packs of 300 for about $5.

14. I bought a pair of shoes a week... now I have a ton of dope shoes. :D

15. dont buy em...

16. ugh, that's rough. I usually smoke many cancer sticks when I'm deprived of my precious bud :p

Try to find other ways to get that 'edge' off. Chew gum whenever you feel the urge to smoke, maybe get some nicorette? Start exercising more often to relieve the stress. Whatever you do, you can't look back and buy another pack, or else you'll get smacked to hell. Don't worry I'm not whack, this is my last pack as well. I wrote a poem for you and it goes a lil something like dis:

Chew gum, look at these lungs:
    [​IMG]

Chew gum, look at these gums:
    [​IMG]

When you're thinking of a cig, just chew some gum gum gum
    Do these pics make you sick? Or make you say yum yum yum?
    Only 21 days until the habit is done done done
    Smoke weed not cancer, it's more fun fun fun
    Now repeat after me: Cigs are dumb dumb dumb :D

17. That might actually work. Is there anything else I can smoke? Not weed lol (as I've explained, I'm cleaning my system to get a better job; everything buy fast food does Prehire tests). But like, Idk spearmint or some other herbal stuff?

I ask because it'd be fucking great if I could keep smoking through the nicotine withdrawls. It wont' be the same, I know, but at least I can take the chemical dependance, and then the physical motion habit seperately.

18. i thought he meant quit smoking weed i was like wtf ,,. i am high

19. [quote name='"bud lightyear 1"']i thought he meant quit smoking weed i was like wtf ,,. i am high[/quote]

Not uncommon on this forum. Seen a few of those lately

20. I've tried gum. It's touch and go. I tend to have a really big problem with gum, in that I chew the whole pack in like an hour. I'd rather not take nicotine substitutes, because that's not really fixing the addiction, it's just switching the medium.