Alright Experts, I need some Creativity

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by 944atl, Mar 14, 2010.

1. Okay guys,

A few months ago I went and bought all of this stuff to grow like 10 plants. I have like 10 feminized seeds 2 each of about 5 different strains. Originally I was going to try to grow all 10 plants in a SOG method, but I think that'll be too much stress for a first time grower. I've decided to just grow 1 or 2 plants first to make sure I have it down pat before I go bigger.

As far as my grow space I have two options. I can either grow above my garage or in my attic. There's Pros and Cons to both...

Above the Garage
    Darker
    Less chance of getting caught
    Harder to get in and out of
    No Power

In The Attic
    Light consistently in there
    Easier to get in and out of
    already has an electrical outlet

Ha, well that actually helped me out. In the attic would be better.

Is a grow cabinet always necessary?? The only thing stopping me from doing this is that grow cabinet. It's going to be tough to fit it through the small opening that I have to get in the attic...and I really don't want to have to bring the pieces up there and put it together there.

I was thinking that if I planted SOON, I could get away with NO cabinet. It gets dark about 7:30 and the sun comes up about 6:00 or 7:00. The days are gradually going to get longer, but still when I have to switch to the 12 off 12 on, I could just have my lights come on when the sun comes up and go off 12 hours later...It may not get dark for another hour or so, but really is 13 on and 11 off going to make THAT big of a difference??

It's not going to get about 80 over the next few weeks so really to control the temp I just need a space heater to keep it from going below 65.

My only other concern is that there is no reflective material in there, and I am not going to paint my whole attic white.

Sorry for rambling on with all of that. I guess my real question is, can I get good results with one or two plants in an attic that has controlled temps with a LOT of CFL lighting. We're talking 480 watts for TWO plants. This would be with no cabinet no reflective material no white paint or any of that??

2. Most of my experience with being in attics on 80 degree days has shown me that it get quite a bit hotter than the outside in the attic. You certainly want to monitor the temps up there before deciding to make a go at it. Sounds like you may be a candidate for a grow tent but still then I don't know how you're going to control temps in either space (attic or over garage). If the attic has windows and you've got a window air conditioner around you may want to install that in the least visible window. I'm just imagining the space without actually knowing anything about it. I'd definitely block out any windows to insure that no light is either coming in or going out of the attic when it is not desired. These are just the thoughts that enter my mind when reading your post.