Alright everyone post your opinions.

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by xXxH0ST1L3xXx, Sep 24, 2013.

1. Hey so I'm thinking about getting my first bong so i would gladly like your opinions like if you think it looks stupid or if you like it. Im putting like probably 400-500$ in it. Im also getting some accessories.

The Bong:
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1380010415.006563.jpg

Pre-Cooler & Diffuser:
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1380010482.189401.jpg

Titanium Plate & Dome:
    ( Obviously for BHO) haha. It supposed to be the one with the red and blue swirl.
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1380010538.168202.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1380010552.805379.jpg

My bowl:
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1380010598.870632.jpg

Activated Carbon Filter:
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1380010651.155442.jpg

Sent from my THC One using Grasscity Forum mobile forum app.

Attached Files:

2. Nice looking selection . I see your bong is a blaze piece.. ive just bought a blaze piece check my most recent post . I was looking at loads of different blaze pieces and am well happy with my choice.. ill jusy say though thag frkm whag ive heard and seen when searching those sporalpercs dont really diffuse much . But if you like it then go for it .. all the attachments look spot on :)

3. Don't get that bong for the love of god.

Don't get any of that shit really. You're in a price range to get good stuff.

I personally would get something like a Sovereignty stemline, a highly educated ti nail, a clear dome, and a disk diffused slide.

Ash catchers are more pain that they're worth IMO. And I don't trust ti from china

Sent from my MB886 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. I agree, that bong looks draggy as fuck. I hate when they slap a 14mm joint on a bong like that. The air flow is way too restricted. The ash catcher and the carbon filter are a tad overkill and not really necessary imo.

If you're serious about spending that much on some glass really look around

5. "Buy right or buy twice"

You got a good amount to throw down on some nice glass....do some research. You dont need al those accessories if your getting a baller ass piece for 400-500

6. Hey bud thanks for the opinion and input its greatly appreciated.

I didn't know about the airflow. I look into getting i believe a 18mm then. The ash catcher is mainly for looks I really love diffusers. And the carbon filter I really thought hell with it, ill try it cant hurt. I also will put the full price on the next post. I also really want that bong for looks basically. So yeah thanks for all your input too.

I know i don't need the accessories I want them and I also really like the bong.

7. #7 Rollie Fingers, Sep 24, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2013
    If you goin for looks, for $420 you can get a Mobius 60t Stereo Matrix. One of the sexiest pieces ive ever seen n its jus an all around great piece. IMO its a great price for the quality, diffusion, smoothness n looks your getting.

8. Thanks man ill check it out.

9. You're gonna regret that spiral perc man, I'm telling you

10. If you're going that route, I'd look for the 60 or 65B.  The dewar style bubbler is just more unique looking than the tube version.

If you're smoking flower you want more diffusion to smooth it out.  If you're smoking oil, it's already pretty pure, you aren't combusting plant material and creating ash....there's not much to smooth out.  Most people prefer a smaller less diffused piece for an oil rig.

I don't like smoking oil out of a large piece, mainly cause I don't have the lungs for it.  Continually pulling on a large tube is just less comfortable to me than doing the same thing with a 9inch rig.  With oil you pull continuously until it's all vaporized unlike with flower where you fill the chamber and then pull the bowl.  It's easier to deal with more drag when smoking flower than oil.

I'd either get a separate flower bong and oil rig or get something on the smaller side like 12 inches or so.  I think the toro double micros work well for both.  I wouldn't suggest going any smaller for flower as it gets harsh.  You can find these used at your price range.  Brand new is around 5-700.

11. Get some good old fashioned Murican glass.

I like your thinkin. Yeah i prefer a smaller oil rig....I got the 60t for flowers, and the Ion reti (less diffusion and smaller) for strictly oils. I love that combo

13. Yeah like i said the spiral percs do look pretty draggy .. my blaze honeycomb ufo piece hasnt any drag at all really 18.8 joint hits like a champ and nicely priced :) check the multi level disk to ufo pieces like mine if u still wanna get a load of accessoried but have a nice tokin piece :)

14. If you can find one I'd get a Sovereignty King Stemline :)

15. ion reti is pretty dope.  A lot of people seem to prefer that to the matrix.  I really like cIRcLE's stuff from that time.  His new stuff (all the disc stuff) isn't nearly as good.  I gifted my disc matrix to a buddy.  It had a really weird chug unless you tilt it back to use fewer of the holes.

I think there's a guy on nuggetry that is his neighbor and he's got some sick custom stereomatrix's.  But those customs go for around 2K.

16. Everybody I'm enjoying the feedback greatly. Im new to bongs so go easy on me i used to just smoke a homemade 3L gravity with buds then i smoked a real joint and i was like shit this is harsh so i was forever sent back to bongs lol.
    Also i want to change the way this threads leading like keep the responses and post your rigs i wanna see what you got going on. I sorta changed my mind a bit ill post updated pics I'm looking at a lot of things.

17. Yea first off i gotta say is that bong would be a bitch to clean, thats always the first thing i look at when buying a new piece, #2 is drag theres to many percs in it.
    Personaly i have a carbon filter i find it takes the taste out of the weed when it goes threw it.
    The ashcatchers alright.
    I like that thi pad an they bowl piece they look great.
    Id sudjest buying a straight tube hoss for around $150 - $200, Zob glass makes some nice ones to there a little less expensive.
    But as apposed to the ashcatcher i like the standerd 8 arms proble like 4 - 6" high they work nice an pretty good for cleaning.

Cheers bro! like to see what you'd end up with!

Sent from my GT-I9000M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

18. I know it would be a bitch to clean. Haha! But i like it for looks... I really love that thing especially with the color scheme. Thanks for the tip on the carbon filter ill keep that in mind. Im probably not even gonna get it now. Also how well does an ash catcher help. Cause i don't wanna get fucked if it doesnt do anything.

19. I mean it does something haha.

It'll keep your bong cleaner and add a little more diffusion. However if you get a quality piece the added diffusion will probably not be noticeable and as long as you rinse your glass out everyday, like you should anyway, then it won't get very dirty anyway.

Imo they're more trouble then they're worth. They are notorious for snapping joints. They stick out in front too much and its so much easier to whack it on something when you're stoned. I have one that I haven't used in ages.

It's all preference though and if you like the look then go for it.

20. for the love of god dont buy that piece in the op if you have that much money to spend.