Already Been Vaped - Uses for the dry herb?

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by MeInVA, Jun 7, 2021.

1. I have a Solo II Dry Herb Vaporizer that I use somewhat regularly. I typically vape at around 400 degrees for about 8-10 minutes. I have been discarding the dry brown cannabis for a while. I am now seeing that it may still be useful!

So, do you keep or use your already been vaped cannabis? What do you do with it? How is the potency?

Is 10 minutes at 400 degrees really an acceptable way to de-carb? Most recipes I see recommend 20-30 min at a much lower temp.

If it could be used for cooking oil or butter, I would be interested. Just looking for personal feedback as opposed to an article on the web!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. I've got a magical butter machine and only tried it once. It worked well but shortly after that my refride needed repair so I ended up throwing out the butter. It's very easy, and comes with a recipe book. I also referenced a site to learn how to water cure,

How To Water Cure Already Vaporized Bud (AVB)

Just Google "Magical Butter Machine"

3. #3 GroBuddy, Jun 7, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2021
    once its been vaped its not any good i mean if you just had to have a hit it may do something idk know ive always thrown that out as its been smoked. 250 for 30mins or depending on elevation and oven used im at over 4300ft gas stove it takes me about 40 mins. the magical butter is easy as mentioned it come with a recipe book plus last i looked recipes on their website as well. also comes with a decarb box, the machine you just put 7 to 14 grams per cup of everclear make up to 5 cups, put the top on and press a button. i run mine for 8 hrs once thats done strain the cannabis matter out of the liquid with a mesh pouch they send with the machine. really easy and simple theres calculators online that can add up how much per serving your getting if you know the thc% of what your cooking

however ill add theres many variations on how to decarb weed times and temps just make sure its baked brown not burnt if its green it can go a bit more.

oh and as a heads up without the decarb box your house will smell like its smoking a fattie sometimes for days

4. You're wrong about that. AVB still has plenty of THC left in it. A ton of people get high off AVB edibles.

Old Hippie’s Firecracker Recipe With Nutella And ABV | Cannabis Now

I made butter with my AVB and made pancakes and just used the butter as grease and also dumped the pan on some pancakes. That worked well.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. thats cool man as i said ive never tried doing anything with vaped weed to me thats ash appreciate the info tho

6. snap bro. i save up my ABV till i got an oz or two of brown dust and then throw it straight into the batter of the cookies/brownies/cake im making. once i used about 2 1/2ozs and dumped directly into a cookie mix that made about 20 cookies and took it to a wrestlemania viewing party. i told people they were strong and they split the cookies into 1/4s. 3 hours in and everyone left cause they couldnt stay awake anymore

7. Wow, an ounce! That shit's practically weightless. How much weed do you have to go through to yield an ounce?

8. prob close to a quarter lb. i make edibles once every few months and pass them out to the homies since im not a big edible guy.

for a personal dose you dont need more than a few grams tho. mix it in with some peanut butter and just grub it down.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Save it up and make Qwiso AVB Hash. Google it. Top your future bowls with it.

10. I have tried making wax / shatter with success. Fill a Mason jar,cover material with moonshine or everclear i guess its called in the usa. Depending on how long you rinse the more plant matter you get along. Empty it out on a glass tray or something (only the liquid, pour through metal filter)and put in oven or on plate low temp to dampen away the alcohol.

Now you are left with potent shatter

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. I vape my weed once and then decarb and make edibles with it.
    Just started using a Crock Pot to make oil with it and then just
    pour everything into the Brownie mix and cook at 270*F for half
    an hour or however long it takes to finish.

Very potent. A quarter of a brownie gets me pleasantly stoned.
    Half a brownie wrecks me. Tried three quarters of a Brownie
    and it just makes me very paranoid.

12. Vaped weed turned into edibles will do something but it is different. A different feeling, hits you faster but not as psychoactive as regular edibles, but it will contain more CBN and less thc. It might make you feel nauseaus for a bit too, it is a bronchial dialator for sure, means it will open up your airways.

13. No, it's the same, anyway you compensate by using more. It also depends on the AVB.

14. A friend of mine, Old Hippie, once had a "rather interesting" experience when he very finely ground some ABV/ AVB and put it in a capsule! Seems (particle) size does make a difference!

Capsule Warning: The AVB Experiment That Went Wrong. (news – 2012)
    Capsule Warning: The AVB Experiment That Went Wrong

Now, he smokes good buds, so his ABV is still pretty potent, but it is just a shame to toss ABV when you could be getting high off of it! (And yes, I save my ABV and when I have about a half cup, I blenderize it and put it in capsules! :biggrin:)

Granny :wave:

• Like Like x 1