alpaka poo top dress

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by 2cent420, Mar 1, 2021.

1. Omg haha lookin at topdressing hay etc and cover crops.

I found u can use rabbit and alpaka poo as thete classed as a green mulch and arnt hot...
    And considered liquid gold to organics..

The dude on the corner has 2 alpakas they shit allover the bloody fence i scrape it up and bin it so people dont walk in it...

Onlines telling me i should be topdressing it tobmake the most fertile soil and not hot....
    Seriously? Over 2yrs i binned atleast 20cubic foot of it

Shoukd i topdress ma coots with it?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Havnt used it myself but I also hear its very good stuff. Good score!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Rabbit manure worked great! I would highly recommend it if it has been composted for at least 2 years. I've never used alpaca manure though. There was a thread I read years ago where a guy (?) lived close to a pig farm that went out of business and went bankrupt so the grower went out late at night and collected soil that was 8" deep and then used that to grow his (?) stuff and allegedly it was one of the best mixes he (?) ever used. Good luck!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Alpaca poo is considered to be the primo poop. It also doesn't need to age. I would use it in a heartbeat if I had access to it.
    cheers
    os

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. so i asked the guy and he gave me 100kg and said take asmuch as u want

hmm do you think it would replace worm castings??
    i have eveyerhting but worm castings to make a 200g bed up in my garden
    or would it lack humus and other parts casting offers??
    maybe use it alongside castings??

but in teresting it it would replace castings entirely till my worms are done in 5 months lol

• Like Like x 1
  6. or is it more of a perfect top dress mulch than a feed?
    like i see worm cast as a full npk based feed
    but alpaca reads like its a organic matter enricher ...so makes castings or topdresings ..stil need the worm cast

7. Use it in your garden and the worms will come on their own.
    Cheers
    Os

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. This is my manure mix:

Manure Mix

1 gallon composted steer manure, or any other barnyard animal manure

1 gallon of perlite (small nugget size)

2 cups heaping coconut coir fiber (well rinsed with fresh water)

1 tablespoon greensand

1 tablespoon kelp meal

1 tablespoon ground oyster shell

2 tablespoons

Granular rock phosphate

I mix this and generally put 1/2 gallon of it in the bottom of the pot. I use 5 gallon fabric pots and this works for me. Good luck.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. IDK about replacing your humus component in the soil with just manure, I reckon it would be too much but I'm just guessing here. Probably safer to run it through the worm bin first for that purpose. You should still be fine using it as is for top dressing.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. cool as both posts ,
    see a guy on youtube filling a riased bed to the top with poo beans, then put a mesh ontop and filters topsoil for 2inch and goes at it with vegies lol nuts, ..beans.. hah

off to pik ma poo up lol brb

• Like Like x 1
  11. I was using Dumbo Duty from an elephant at the local petting zoo! That shit was great composted or just slightly aged for top dressing my vegetable garden. Dumbo the elephant is dead now so I use pure horse manure for worm bin and mixed with some bedding for the composter. I dont top dress my weed with it because I believe it will be too hot. After it ages or runs through the worms, its perfect for a top dress or teas

B61

• Like Like x 3
  12. Alpaca manure is a GREAT top dress or soil amendment. The Alpaca takes 62 hours to digest it's food. By the time it gets to the other end, its as plant ready as you can get. Since its fully digested, it will never heat up like other manures. These animals are usually fed the most nutritious food as the farmer makes his money on the Fleece and better fibers come from better fed Alpacas.
    Overall, this manure is the best you can get for any type of gardening! (my opinion) and makes a great compost tea as well! Peace!

B61

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1