Alot of questions

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Jointaffair, Jul 31, 2010.

1. So I germinated several seeds and only two of them grew out of the soil. At first I was using 10-15-10 nutes but then I was reading another thread and people were saying that it Isnt good to give nutes right away. Well one of the two that grew became discolored so I ended up clipping the top off. It hasn't grown at all in the past5 days and the other plants flat leaves are starting to yellow but still looks healthy. I'm using floresant lights and a temp regulator where they have a constant light and temp of 74 degrees. I would really like to grow hydro but I'm not quite sure how to do it. Overall I just need advice on how to keep them alive and when and what nutes to give it. I've never done this before so I'm totally new and just need professional/exeperienced advice. MH or HPS lights are out of the question because they get too hot And my grow space is limited to a small closet and I would prefer to avoid a fire.

2. there probably in shock.

you dont give nutes till atleast 2 weeks into after sprouting.
    they wont be able to handle.

how were you mixing this how many tbls per gallon?

3. Yes germ without nutes and for soil I believe you ahve to start very slow with nutes, like 1/4 recommended dose working your way up.

As for hydro, I find it easier like a DWC, you fill and add nutes then dont touch it for 5-7 days to clean and refill again. Though I have grown outside for many yrs, too many years, I feel more of a connection with hydro, even though i feel like Im a noob and know nothing, its just easier to me.

no matter what you do, read, research and learn, grasscity is a great resource. Start slow and small, and when your going through your second run, everything will start to really flow and you will get such a better harvest each time till you master your skills, then its just auto pilot and lots of product! Good luck.

4. well the nutes that i was using said a quarter tbsp in one gallon of water for daily use. sorry the question was worded so bad earlier, i was using an iphone. im using a 2x6x6 area and i have the floresent lights about a foot to a foot and a half away from the soil. the soil im using is just normal topsoil i found at a gardening store. i have a book that had said a lot about nitrogen being the key ingredient for early developement meaning you need mroe nitrogen than anything else you are using. i would really like to get some hydro growing but i dont get how to do it. there are so many different methods used and most seem too expensive for my taste. if you could provide more information or more links for how to build kits because i want to be able to go out and buy these supplies not order them online from some shiesty vendor that i dont know if they are legit or not. i really appreciate the answers guys. KEEP THEM COMMING!!