Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Alot of Phlegm / Mucus in Throat

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Dobz, Jan 23, 2011.

1. Well, I obviously smoke ALOT of weed. Recently ( 2 days MAX ) I've noticed that there is a major build up of phlegm and mucus in my throat. It's sorta hard to breathe. It's more of a problem a night and in the morning. Any tips on how to get rid of it ?

2. Well matey, I'd quit smoking for a couple of days (because any smoke you inhale is rough on the throat) and gargle with Hydrogen Peroxide until it goes away. Brush your teeth and tongue 3 times a day, and don't drink out of any glasses that you or your family will. I'd imagine you're starting to get a throat infection. Don't worry just follow the advice and it should be gone in about 1 - 3 days.

After that you can toke as much as you want. :smoke:

P.S you should gargle with HP at least 3 times a day. Once in the morning, once in the afternoon, and once before you go to sleep. You can do it more if you'd like, just don't swallow it.

3. Well right now their is a sickness going around, so who knows whether it's from smoking or being sick.

4. I get that too. I don't know if it's because I mix my bud with baccy. I just can't smoke straight cannabis. I can't do it without major coughing fits.

5. Sounds like your getting a case of what everyones getting. I'd go see a doctor and check-up on yourself, just to make sure it doesn't evolve into something more uncomfortable / serious, such as Bronchitis.

6. I've decided to
    Stop Smoking
    Always have cough drops
    Drink cough syrup

7. cough drops - like dairy products, alcohol, and tobacco - build up even more phlegm, so ignore the advice above.

8. I found drinking real lemon water (fresh squeezed) helps clear my phlegm right up.